- Huber forges ahead in Europe with two plants, new quarters. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/06/98, Vol. 254 Issue 1, p18
Reports on J.M. Huber Corp.'s expansion efforts in the European specialty chemicals market. Focus of Huber's expansion; Plants constructed by the company; Huber's efforts to debottleneck its European facilities.
- EC clears Omya's buy of J.M. Huber's PCC. Sapp, Meghan // Chemical Market Reporter;7/24/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the approval of the European Commission for the proposed acquisition of the 12 on-site processing facilities of J. M. Huber Corp. by Swiss-based Omya AG in the U.S. The Commission concluded that the proposed acquisition would result to the removal of competition on the...
- Specialties newsfront. Scheraga, Dan // Chemical Market Reporter;02/02/98, Vol. 253 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on developments related to specialty chemical businesses, current as of February 2, 1998. Cytec Industries Inc.'s plan to place its specialty chemical subsidiary on the auction block; J.M. Huber Corp.'s plan to raise the price of its precipitated silica and silicate products.
- Huber forms new business. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/24/98, Vol. 254 Issue 8, p7
Reports on J.M. Huber Corp.'s proposed merger of its engineered minerals and chemicals businesses into an engineered materials business. Products provided by the group; Business activity of the proposed unit.
- Imerys. SKELHORN, D. // Mining Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p49
The article provides information on the mining of ground calcium carbonate. It discusses the formation of the mineral. The applications for ground calcium carbonate are cited. It reveals why breaking the mineral down into convenient "hoppers" is difficult to do. One key to its successful use in...
- GROUND CALCIUM CARBONATE. Gauntt, J. // Mining Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p34
The article offers information on the ground calcium carbonate (GCC) industry. GCC is considered as one of the most widely used extender and filler minerals worldwide. Statistical data on GCC production are not universally reported because of the variety of grades that can be included as this...
- NEWS DIGEST. // Rubber & Plastics News;4/2/2007, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p4
The article presents news briefs related to the rubber industry. Omya AG has acquired JM Huber Corp.'s precipitated calcium carbonate business, including 11 plants, for an undisclosed sum. Dow Chemical Co. has increased prices by 10 cents per pound on Voranate toluene diisocyanate and five cents...
- SUPPLIER NEWS. // Pulp & Paper;Mar2005, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p59
Provides an update on suppliers in the paper industry as of March 2005. Expansion of Luzenac Group's global business units; Information on the distribution agreement between Papertech Inc. and PMS; Acquisition of on-site precipitated calcium carbonate manufacturing facilities from J.M. Huber...
- Huber Highlights Advantages of Private Companies. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;3/22/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 12, p4
With long-term strategies to successfully grow chemical businesses requiring flexibility and patience, it may pay to be a private rather than publicly held firm. According to Peter T. Francis, president and CEO of JM Huber Corp., for many companies in the chemical industry, they would be better...