Kemira buys Cytec's water unit
- Kemira to Buy Cytec's Water Treatment, Acrylamide Units. Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;7/26/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 25, p31
The article reports that Kemira has agreed to buy Cytec Industries' water treatment chemicals and acrylamide product lines for about $240 million. The deal also includes Cytec's acrylamide manufacturing plant at Fortier, LA where Cytec says it will operate the plant under a long-term...
- Cytec completes second phase of sale of two product lines water treatment chemicals and acrylamide. // Chemical Business;Feb2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p98
The article reports that Cytec Industries Inc. has completed the second phase of the sale of its global water treatment chemicals and acrylamide product lines to Kemira Group. It mentions that the second phase involved the complete transfer of Cytec's manufacturing site in Botlek, Netherlands to...
- Kemira to Increase Formic Acid Capacity. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;04/30/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the plan of Kemira company to expand its formic acid capacity in Europe. Investments of the company in line with its expansion plans; Purpose of the capacity expansion; Relocation of a closed nitric plant in the Netherlands to Belgium; Search for a partner in its nitrogen fertilizer...
- Kemira buys Cytec's water treatment unit. Blanchfield, Lindsey // Chemical Market Reporter;7/24/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of water treatment chemicals and acrylamide businesses of Cytec Industries Inc. for $240 million by Kemira Inc. in the U.S. Mats Jungar, president of the company's water treatment division, said that the move is expected to generate $300 million sales for...
- Kemira Builds Brazil Pulp Chemicals Plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/20/99, Vol. 256 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the plans of Finland-based Kemira Chemicals Oy to build a paper chemicals plant in Parana, Brazil in 2000. Reasons for choosing Brazil as the site for the chemical plant; Significance of the plan; Other investment plans of Kemira.
- QUOTES OF THE WEEK. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/24/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p4
This section presents a quotation of remarks made by people in the chemical industry. Thorleif Enger, president and CEO, Yara International, on the company's acquisition of a controlling stake in FertibrÃ¡s of Brazil. Guilherme Duque Estrada, executive vice president of Abiquim, on Venezuela's...
- Europe in Brief. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/05/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 23, p5
Presents news briefs related to the chemical industry in Europe as of June 5, 2000. Operation of Borealis' polypropylene plant using Borstar process technology; Decision of the Finnish government to dispose of its stake in Kemira company.
- Kemira forms Czech water treatment chemicals jv, plans a few in Russia. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/11/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the joint venture formed by water treatment chemicals producer Kemira with the Czech Republic. Building of water treatment chemical plants at St. Petersburg and Moscow; Kemira's acquisition of a 51 percent share in Precheza's Prerov plant; Plans of producing two qualities of ferric...
- europe In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/11/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 24, p5
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of June 11, 2001. Agreement of Borealis with the polymer technology laboratory of Abo Akademi University for the development of catalysts and polyolefin grades; Closure of Kemira's fertilizer granulation facility in Denmark.