5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- WAR SPURS JAPANESE OIL SEARCH. Lazell, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;7/24/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p13
This article points the war between Israel and Hezbollah group based in Lebanon has spurred Japan to look to West Africa and Russia or even as far as Brazil for a secure source of energy. The latest Middle East crisis has ratcheted up tensions in an already volatile region. But the chance that...
- 2. NAPHTHA PRODUCTS IN TAIWAN: 2.3. ACCESSIBILITY: THE STRUCTURE OF COMPETITION. // Naphtha Products in Taiwan: A Strategic Reference, 2003;2003, p11
Chapter 2 of the book "Naphtha Products in Taiwan: A Strategic Reference 2003" is presented. It examines the structure of competition among petrochemical manufacturers like Chinese Petroleum Corp. (CPC) and Formosa Petrochemical Corp. (FPCC) in Taiwan. CPC and FPCC produce olefins and aromatics...
- In Mideast, Small is Hopeful. // Christian Science Monitor;1/5/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 29, p8
Editorial. Discusses the outlook for peace between Israelis and Palestinians in the Middle East, in light of efforts of United States president Bill Clinton to present a working peace agreement to the sides.
- Blessing both Jew and Palestinian: A religious Zionist view. Landau, Y. // Christian Century;12/20/89 - 12/27/89, Vol. 106 Issue 39, p1196
Describes how Jewish religious tradition could guide the relationship between Israelis and Palestinians. Civil rights in a Jewish commonwealth; Needed sacrifices; Blessing other ethnic groups.
- The Middle East Conflict: The Palestinian Dimension. Jonah, James O. C. // Global Governance;Oct-Dec2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p413
Focuses on the standpoint of Palestine in the Middle East Conflict. Origin of the conflict; Factors that led to changes of Arabs diplomacy; Diplomacy showed by Palestinian Liberation Organization leader Yaseer Arafat against Israel and Jordan.
- Recent terror against Israel suggests shift in strategy. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;9/10/99, Vol. 91 Issue 200, p7
Considers the political implications of the early September Hamas bombing of Israel in regard to the peace process in the Middle East.
- A `look, but don't act' mandate in West Bank. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;9/25/96, Vol. 88 Issue 211, p8
Questions the effectiveness of observer force members in West Bank, on violent acts being committed against residents. Information on the Temporary International Presence in Hebron (TIPH); Reason the TIPH has not become international; Comments from Khalid Amayreh, an Islamic journalist critical...
- No taxation without representation. Warder, M. // America;12/23/1989, Vol. 161 Issue 20, p464
Describes Palestinian Christians who are waging nonviolent resistance against Israeli occupation. Tax resistance; Preventing Palestinians from telling their stories; Slanted press coverage.
- Wisdom from a past war. Cooley, John K. // Christian Science Monitor;12/28/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 24, p21
Discusses the Arab-Israeli conflict and draws comparisons between the conflict and the Algerian revolt of 1954.