THE WORLD THIS WEEK
- Margin squeeze lies ahead for many. // European Chemical News;12/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2128, p5
Focuses on the challenges facing the chemical industry in Europe in 2005. Reasons for keeping the level of raw material costs at Ciba Specialty Chemicals according to CEO Armin Meyer; Efforts of Akzo Nobel to press for increases among its paint customers according to CFO Rob Frohn; Expected...
- People on the move. // European Chemical News;7/07/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2060, p17
Presents an update of executive appointments in the chemical industry of Europe as of July 7, 2003. Rob Frohn at Akzo Nobel; Giulio Baraldi at Cabot; Michael Gribble at the European Centre for Ecotoxicology and Toxicology of Chemicals.
- Akzo Nobel close to first disposal. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;7/25/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2157, p9
Reports on the possibility for Dutch coatings and chemical company Akzo Nobel to sell one of its smaller businesses. Businesses that are for sale in 2004; Market conditions in Europe according to chief financial officer Rob Frohn; Percentage of decrease in the operating profit in the second...
- Akzo Nobel signs peroxides venture in China. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;12/21/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 24, p16
Reports that Akzo Nobel BV has signed a contract to set up a joint venture with Tianjin No. 2 Organic Chemical Plant at Tianjin, China, to manufacture organic peroxides. Tianjin Akzo Nobel Peroxides as company name; Company operations; Feedback from Frank Sherman, general manager of Akzo's...
- Akzo Nobel boosts Malaysian oleochemicals. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/21/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 24, Chemical Week Asia p1
Reports on a planned Malaysian expansion of Akzo Nobel. Joint venture with Pacific Edible Oil; Names of ventures; Capacity; Benefits.
- Akzo Cuts Jobs in Surface Chemistry Business Unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/9/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the reduction of jobs or ten percent of the workforce in the surface chemistry business unit of Akzo Nobel NV. Confinement of the cuts to North America and Europe; Decrease in operating income of the surface chemistry business in 2002.
- Akzo's Prescription. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/9/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 22, p26
Features Akzo Nobel, a chemical company based in Arnhem, the Netherlands. Goals achieved by Akzo through its acquisition of Courtaulds; Status of Akzo's pharmaceutical business; Pharmaceutical sales of the company in 1998; Pharmaceutical units of the company; Coating sales of Akzo; Successful...
- Akzo Incurs Charges for Antitrust Investigation. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;03/05/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the penalties incurred by Akzo Nobel chemical company for the antitrust investigations of its chemical businesses in Europe. Increase in the sales of the coatings business of Akzo Nobel in 2000; Increase in the operating income of Akzo Nobel.
- Akzo Nobel puts chemicals under review. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;12/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2128, p9
Reports on the decision of Akzo Nobel to review its entire chemicals portfolio according to CFO Rob Frohn. Plan of the company to release a progress report on the strategic review in the second quarter of 2005; Purpose of the portfolio assessment; Percentage of segment return on investment in...