Birth of SIFMA Announced Amid Dearth of Data
- IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS FOR PLANNED SIA, BMA MERGER. Butler, Simon // On Wall Street;Jun2006, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the planned merger of the Bond Market Association (BMA) and the Securities Industry Association in the U.S. in 2006. Views of BMA spokesman Jon Teall on the new organization; Estimated members of each organization.
- A Critical Year. Quick, Michael M. // New Jersey Banker;Spring2007, p4
The author highlights some of the progress as well as the challenges, faced by the association, NJBankers under his chairmanship, and by the financial services industry, as a whole. Aside from seeing many of the financial institutions losing their identity through mergers and acquisitions, the...
- BMA Meeting To Feature VIP Speakers. // High Yield Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p11
Reports global developments in financial service industry. Annual membership meeting of Bond Market Association; Launch of the new office of Miller Tabak Roberts Securities; Enhancement of the service of IntraLinks Inc. to allow investors in the syndicated loan market to declare their...
- The Large & The Small Of It: CEOs Talk Mergers, Small CUs, Collaboration. Freeman, Lisa // Credit Union Journal;7/7/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p30
Information about the mergers of credit unions, being discussed at the company CUNA Mutual Group's Discovery Conference held in Florida, is presented. The panel featured credit union chief executive officers (CEOs) Sean Rathjen, Kim Sponem and Hank Barret, who spoke about how to merge credit...
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Dec2008, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p12
The article offers world news briefs related to the financial services industry in 2008. Lead subsidiary of Arrow Financial Corp., Glens Falls National Bank and Trust Co., has executed a letter of intent to acquire Upstate Agency in Chestertown, New York. Citigroup Inc. has announced the launch...
- NEW MEMBERS. // inFinance;Mar2007, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p58
A list of new members inducted into the financial services sector Finsia as of November 2006 to February 2007 is presented including Geoffrey Bartels, Jason Bell and Robert Connell.
- ELEVATED & UPGRADED MEMBERS. // inFinance;Mar2007, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p64
A list of elevated and upgraded members inducted into the financial services sector Finsia as of November 2006 to February 2007 is presented Jarrod Thomas, Andrew Thompson and Erlina Tjin.
- Merger talks gain momentum. // Financial Management;Oct2004, p5
Reports on the merger talks among the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Institute for Chartered Accountants in England & Wales and the Chartered Institute for Public Finance & Accountancy. Consultations conducted by the governing councils of the three bodies on the proposed merger;...
- Vote Warns Against Complacency. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p1
Hungarians decided overwhelmingly in favour of European Union (EU) accession in mid-April 2003 with an 84 percent of the popular vote. Support for joining the European bloc has always been high, and the vote always looked likely to be approved. However, turnout was disappointing at just 46...