Itopride for functional dyspepsia
- Review: Herbal medicinal products seem to be effective and safe in nonulcer dyspepsia. Locke, G. Richard // ACP Journal Club;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p43
Presents a study that evaluated the effectiveness of herbal medicinal products in treating nonulcer dyspepsia. Data sources; Data extraction; Results; Conclusion; Commentary.
- Omeprazole and placebo have same long-term effect on dyspepsia. Lepsch, Mark; Strayer, Scott // Journal of Family Practice;Sep2003, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p687
The article presents a study which compared the effect of omeprazole and placebo on dyspepsia. Symptoms were relieved in about half of patients receiving omeprazole. However, treatment did not reduce the number of patients who would need endoscopy to investigate the cause of dyspepsia. The...
- What's the alternative? INDIGESTION. // Australian Women's Weekly;Jul2004, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p135
Focuses on several remedies to relieve indigestion. Health benefits of charcoal, calcium and probiotics; Tips on making herb concoctions; Information on homeopathy.
- Hypnotherapy Effective for Functional Dyspepsia. Ebell, Mark // American Family Physician;5/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p2203
Discusses the study 'Long-term Improvement in Functional Dyspepsia Using Hypnotherapy,' by E. L. Calvert et al., from the December 2002 issue of the journal 'Gastroenterology.'
- Investigating dyspepsia. Zagari, Rocco Maurizio; Fuccio, Lorenzo; Bazzoli, Franco // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/20/2008, Vol. 337 Issue 7671, p682
Dyspepsia is a complex condition comprising chronic and recurrent symptoms related to the upper gastrointestinal tract. The cardinal symptoms are epigastric pain and discomfort, including postprandial fullness and early satiety, which may overlap with heartburn and rÃ©gurgitation. Box 1 shows...
- Second-Line Rescue Therapy With Levofloxacin After H. pylori Treatment Failure: A Spanish Multicenter Study of 300 Patients. Gisbert, Javier P.; Bermejo, Fernando; Castro-Fernández, Manuel; Pérez-Aisa, Angeles; Fernández-Bermejo, Miguel; Tomas, Albert; Barrio, Jos; Bory, Felipe; Almela, Pedro; Sánchez-Pobre, Pilar; Cosme, Angel; Ortiz, Vicente; Niño, Pilar; Khorrami, Sam; Benito, Luis-Miguel; Carneros, Jose-Antonio; Lamas, Eloisa; Modolell, Inés; Franco, Alejandro; Ortuño, Juan // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2008, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p71
AIM: Quadruple therapy is generally recommended as second-line therapy after Helicobacter pylori ( H. pylori) eradication failure. However, this regimen requires the administration of four drugs with a complex scheme, is associated with a relatively high incidence of adverse effects, and bismuth...
- A Pilot Study on Duodenal Acid Exposure and Its Relationship to Symptoms in Functional Dyspepsia with Prominent Nausea. Lee, Kwang-Jae; Demarchi, Brunello; Demedts, Ingrid; Sifrim, Daniel; Raeymaekers, Petra; Tack, Jan // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2004, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p1765
BACKGROUND: Duodenal hypersensitivity to acid and decreased duodenal clearance of exogenous acid have been reported in functional dyspepsia (FD). However, the relevance of these abnormalities to spontaneous duodenal acid exposure and dyspeptic symptoms in FD is unknown.AIMS: To determine...
- Efficacy of camostat mesilate against dyspepsia associated with non-alcoholic mild pancreatic disease. Jin Kan Sai; Suyama, Masafumi; Kubokawa, Yoshihiro; Matsumura, Yuji; Inami, Koichi; Watanabe, Sumio // Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p335
The aim of the present study was to examine the potential efficacy of camostat mesilate, a protease inhibitor, against dyspepsia associated with non-alcoholic mild pancreatic disease. Patients with upper abdominal pain suggesting pancreatic disease (persistent over hours, pain aggravated by...
- Test and eradicate is best for dyspepsia after six years. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/14/2005, Vol. 330 Issue 7500, Preceding p1095
Looks at treatments for dyspepsia in a primary care setting. Claim that many doctors choose immediate endoscopy for the treatment of dyspepsia; Reference to a study which compared the treatment of dyspepsia with either testing for Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) or immediate endoscopy; Report...