Molecular characterisation of non-absorptive and absorptive enterocytes in human small intestine
- Small bowel obstruction due to an impacted endoscopy capsule. Levsky, Jeffrey M.; Milikow, David L.; Rozenblit, Alla M.; Wolf, Ellen L. // Abdominal Imaging;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p579
Capsule endoscopy (CE), a recently introduced technology, offers important benefits for evaluation of small bowel pathology as compared to traditional radiologic and endoscopic studies. The most striking complication of this modality is capsule retention, which may obligate invasive retrieval....
- Cuboidal calcium enterolith causing obstruction and perforation of small intestine. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/18/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6416, p532
Examines a case of cuboidal calcium enterolith in a 56-year old patient. Complaints of the patient; Radiographic findings; Development of the disorder in the distal small bowel.
- enteric disease:. Huber, Jeffrey T.; Gillaspy, Mary L. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of AIDS-Related Terminology;2000, p83
A definition of the term "enteric disease," which refers to any pathological condition involving the small intestine, is presented.
- Bevacizumab. // Reactions Weekly;3/31/2012, Issue 1395, p10
The article describes the case of a 53-year-old woman with metastatic breast cancer who developed small bowel perforation while receiving bevacizumab.
- Idiopathic Pneumatosis Intestinalis of the Small Intestine. Anne, Nirupama; Rajput, Ashwani; Dunn, Kelli; Litwin, Alan // American Surgeon;Nov2008, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p1127
A letter to the editor is presented about the case of a 63-year old man who had idiopathic pneumatosis intestinalis of the small intestine.
- Eosinophilic Enteritis presenting as Acute Intestinal Obstruction. Malik, Sikandar Ali; Yasin, Malik Amjad; Nasreen, Ghazala // Internet Journal of Surgery;2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p6
Study design: A case report Objectives: To describe an unusual presentation of a rare disease Setting: Department of General Surgery, Military Hospital Rawalpindi 4600, Pakistan. Methods: A 37-year-old female with history of chronic abdominal pain presented with acute intestinal obstruction....
- Immunoproliferative Small Intestinal Disease. Swaroop, V. Santhi // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2000, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p848
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "A Heavy Chain Disease, Mediterranean Lymphoma and Immunoproliferative Small Intestinal Disease. A Review of Clinicopathological Features," by K. D. Fine and M. J. Stone in the 1999 issue.
- Peritoneal Encapsulation of the Small Bowel: A Rare Cause of Intestinal Obstruction. Awasthi, S.; Saraswat, V. A.; Kapoor, V. K. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1991, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p383
Presents a letter to the editor on peritoneal encapsulation of the small bowel.
- Study examining large-scale data of double balloon enteroscopy shows it is safe and effective. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/30/2011, Vol. 21, p409
The article focuses on a study which suggests the safety and effectiveness of double balloon enteroscopy (DBE) for detecting diseases in small intestines.