Significance of anti-inflammatory effects of PPARÎ³ agonists?
- Loss of Hepatocyte-Nuclear-Factor-4a Affects Colonic Ion Transport and Causes Chronic Inflammation Resembling Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Mice. Darsigny, Mathieu; Babeu, Jean-Philippe; Dupuis, Andrée-Anne; Furth, Emma E.; Seidman, Ernest G.; Lévy, É mile; Verdu, Elena F.; Gendron, Fernand-Pierre; Boudreau, François // PLoS ONE;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p1
Background: Hnf4Î±, an epithelial specific transcriptional regulator, is decreased in inflammatory bowel disease and protects against chemically-induced colitis in mice. However, the precise role of this factor in maintaining normal inflammatory homeostasis of the intestine remains unclear....
- Diagnostic Precision of Fecal Calprotectin for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Colorectal Malignancy. von Roon, Alexander C.; Karamountzos, Leonidas; Purkayastha, Sanjay; Reese, George E.; Darzi, Ara W.; Teare, Julian P.; Paraskeva, Paraskevas; Tekkis, Paris P. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2007, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p803
OBJECTIVES: Fecal calprotectin (FC) is a relatively new marker of intraluminal intestinal inflammation. Using meta-analytical techniques, the study aimed to evaluate the diagnostic precision of FC for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and colorectal cancer (CRC) in adults and children. METHODS:...
- The adaptive imbalance in base excision-repair enzymes generates microsatellite instability in chronic inflammation. Hofseth, Lorne J.; Khan, Mohammed A.; Ambrose, Mark; Nikolayeva, Olga; Xu-Welliver, Meng; Kartalou, Maria; Hussain, S. Perwez; Roth, Richard B.; Xiaoling Zhou, Leah E.; Mechanic, Irit; Zurer, Varda; Rotter, Leona D.; Samson, Curtis C.; Harris // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Dec2003, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p1887
Chronic infection and associated inflammation are key contributors to human carcinogenesis. Ulcerative colitis (UC) is an oxyradical overload disease and is characterized by free radical stress and colon cancer proneness. Here we examined tissues from noncancerous colons of ulcerative colitis...
- Diferencijalnodijagnosticki problem plucnih promena kod ulceroznog kolitisa. Djuric, Mirna; Pova�an, Djordje; Secen, Svetozar; Jovic, Jelena // Vojnosanitetski Pregled: Military Medical & Pharmaceutical Journ;Jun2010, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p511
Introduction. Inflammatory intestinal diseases are often accompanied with extraintestinal and even pulmonary manifestations. The treatment of these intestinal diseases includes sulphasalazine and mesalazine, which may have undesirable allergic and other side effects, including hypersensitive...
- CD98 expression modulates intestinal homeostasis, inflammation, and colitis-associated cancer in mice. Hang Thi Thu Nguyen; Dalmasso, Guillaume; Torkvist, Leif; Halfvarson, Jonas; Yutao Yan; Laroui, Hamed; Shmerling, Doron; Tallone, Tiziano; D'Amato, Mauro; Sitaraman, Shanthi V.; Merlin, Didier; Nguyen, Hang Thi Thu; Yan, Yutao // Journal of Clinical Investigation;May2011, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p1733
Expression of the transmembrane glycoprotein CD98 (encoded by SLC3A2) is increased in intestinal inflammatory conditions, such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and in various carcinomas, yet its pathogenetic role remains unknown. By generating gain- and loss-of-function mouse models with...
- Erratum: The Risk of Inflammatory Bowel Disease-Related Colorectal Carcinoma Is Limited: Results From a Nationwide Nested Case-Control Study. Baars, Judith E; Looman, Caspar WN; Steyerberg, Ewout W; Beukers, Ruud; Tan, Adriaan CITL; Weusten, Bas LAM; Kuipers, Ernst J; van der Woude, Christien J // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2014, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p781
A correction to the article "The Risk of Inflammatory Bowel Disease-Related Colorectal Carcinoma Is Limited: Results From a Nationwide Nested Case-Control Study" that was published in the May, 2014 issue is presented.
- 5-Aminosalicylate is Not Protective From Neoplasia in Ulcerative Colitis. Bessissow, Talat; Bisschops, Raf; Ferrante, M; Baert, F; Van Assche, Gert; Rutgeerts, Paul; Vermeire, Severine // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun2013, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p1015
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "5-Aminosalicylic acid is not protective against colorectal cancer in inflammatory bowel disease: a meta-analysis of non-referral populations" by G. C. Nguyen in the 2012 issue.
- Malignant Duodeno-Colic Fistula: A Rare Complication of Colorectal Cancer. GURAYA, SALMAN YOUSUF // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Nov2015, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p1
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article related to incidence of small bowel and colorectal cancer, published in a previous issue of 2015.
- Esophageal Hyperalgesia in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis: Role of Experimental Stress. Galeazzi, Francesca; Lucà, Maria Grazia; Lanaro, Debora; D'Incà, Renata; D'Odorico, Anna; Sturniolo, Giacomo Carlo; Mastropaolo, Gaetano // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2001, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p2590
OBJECTIVES: Intestinal inflammation is associated with enteric nervous system alterations, at both inflamed and non-inflamed sites. The perception of stimuli from the GI tract is enhanced during inflammatory conditions, but it is unknown whether visceral hypersensitivity is limited to the...