Marriage of Metals and Magnets
- Dissecting Dana. Fellenstein, Stephanie J. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Sep2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the Spicer Driveshaft manufacturing process used by the Automotive Systems Group of Dana Corporation. Brief history of the company; Information on the Dana Style that govern the whole organization; Goal of the company.
- Magnetic Pulse Welding Nears Launch. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Dec2000, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p88
Deals with the magnetic pulse welding process technology of Dana Corp. Benefit of the technology.
- Dana Ready to Begin Spark-Free Welding. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Sep2002, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p29
Reports on the decision of Dana Corp. to use its magnetic pulse welding technology. Advantages of the technology; Application of magnetic pulse welding for driveshaft production; Benefits of the technology to the automobile industry. INSET: Untitled.
- Pulse Welding Arrives. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Jun2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p35
Reports that Dana Corp. is close to finalizing a purchase order from a major car manufacturer for the use of its magnetic pulse welding manufacturing process to produce a driveshaft for a light truck as of June 2004. Comment from Mike Laisure, president of Dana's Automotive Systems Group;...
- Chrysler, Dana pioneer new assembly method. McElroy, John // Automotive Industries;Aug98, Vol. 178 Issue 8, p57
Provides information on the benefits of Chrysler using a rolling chassis from Dana's factory in Campo Largo, Brazil. Description of the rolling chassis; Impact of chassis on production cost at Chrysler; Comments from Ruperto Jimenz, president of Dana do Brazil; Details on the Campo Largo...
- Old process offers new possibilities. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Jan99, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p57
Focuses on the magnetic pulse welding process. Details on the process; Variations of the magnetic welding; Application of the pulse welding process at Dana Corp.'s engineering center.
- Finger on the pulse. Kachadourian, Gail // Automotive News;3/5/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5919, p12i
Focuses on Dana Corp.'s magnetic-pulse welding process which it claims provides automakers with faster welds, straighter parts and lighter vehicles. Positioning of the technology to automakers as a way to produce driveshafts made of steel and aluminum; Advantages cited in using magnetic-pulse...
- CHANGE FOR THE BETTER. Taninecz, George // Industry Week/IW;Oct2004, Vol. 253 Issue 10, p49
Describes the manufacturing process and industrial management strategies used by Dana Corp. at its plant in Franklin, Kentucky. Total number of employees; Primary product of the plant; Achievements of the plant.
- Dana consolidates trailer systems manufacturing. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul2004 Supplement, p6
Reports on the consolidation of the trailer manufacturing systems of Dana Corp. at its plant in Lugoff, South Carolina. Background on the trailer systems to be consolidated, including suspension systems; Description of the infrastructure of the plant; Reason behind the consolidation.