Will We See Aluminum Fins?
- Two carmakers turn to Al. // Foundry Management & Technology;Dec96, Vol. 124 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the use of aluminum as principal body and structural material for automobiles as part of the government-driven program called the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicle. Program's goal of developing environmentally friendly and energy-efficient cars; Design approaches of Ford...
- Aluminum Shoots for the Moon. Corbett, Brian // Ward's Auto World;Sep2001, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p53
Discusses the increased use of aluminum in the manufacture of automobile parts. Failure of the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles to reach their goal to maximize the use of aluminum-made engines; Advantages of aluminum; Automobile manufacturers which plan to use aluminum.
- 80-mpg Supercar stays alive despite threat of smaller budget. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;8/14/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5618, p8
Reports on the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles' budget in 1996. Sources of funding for the partnership; Cuts in the partnership's laboratory funding.
- Budget cuts threaten work on supercar. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;8/28/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5620, p4
Reports on the federal budgetary concerns of officials at the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV). Reduction in PNGV's allocation; Possible effects to research projects that contribute to the development of a 80-mpg mid-size sedan.
- Conventional vehicles part of supercar charter. Sawyer, Christopher A. // Automotive Industries;Mar1995, Vol. 175 Issue 3, p34
Deals with the content, nature and scope of the joint government/industry Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) program. Comment of Ford's PNGV director.
- Research program comes under fire. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;8/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5672, p8
Reports on the impact of budget cuts in research programs in the United States on the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) program. Need to determine the appropriate levels and areas of government involvement in various researches; Creation of the PNGV to improve the national...
- Participating in PNGV. Good, Mary L. // Ward's Auto World;Mar95, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) research project of the US federal government and USCAR. Small Business Innovative Research Programs; Small Business Technology Transfer; Energy-Related Inventions Program.
- Clean-car project comes under scrutiny. Gates, Max // Automotive News;2/6/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5590, p6
Reports on the federal government's plan to cut the budget allocated for the government's clean-car project called the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles. Joint project of three leading car manufacturers in the United States and the federal government.
- Stainless structures. Kinsler, Christen // Ward's Auto World;Sep96, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p60
Focuses on the design of a lightweight stainless steel vehicle structure for the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) Supercar project. Boost needed for the use of stainless steel; Benefits of steel for the project.