Can You Glue A Car Together?
- Scapa has fire resistance taped. // Automotive Engineer;Feb98, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p13
Features the 2502 flame retardant self-amalgamating tape for automobiles from Scape Tapes Inc. Specifications; Chemical composition of the tape; Usability.
- Adhesives A to Z. USHER, MATTHEW // Scale Auto;Feb2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p18
The article describes various modeling adhesives and their uses in automobiles. Superglue are cyanoacrylates which can be used to glue every material but it specializes in assembling cast-resin and photoetched-metal parts. Superglue comes in different viscosities and cure rates. Adhesives called...
- Development of VOC compliant flock adhesive for EPDM weatherstrip. Alwani, Dru W.; Klapsinos, George M. // Rubber World;Jul99, Vol. 220 Issue 4, p20
Discusses the development of volatile organic compound-compliant flock adhesive for automotive EPDM rubber weatherstrip. Preparation of flocked weatherstrip; Polyurethane system on EPDM substrate; Formulation essential for good adhesion to EPDM substrate; Application of the adhesive via an...
- Stickers for EFFICIENCY. Russell, Eric // Automotive Engineer;Nov99, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p73
Reports on the use of adhesive technology for vehicle assembly by various automobile manufacturing companies. Use of Loctite 341 two-part acrylic structural adhesive on the aluminum bonnet of the Vantage car by automobile manufacturer Aston Martin; Use of the Lotus Elise chassis for bonding...
- WHAT'S NEW MATERIALS HANDLING: It's a wrap. // Engineer (Online Edition);8/15/2011, p38
The article offers brief information on the Controltac Car Wrap Films with adhesive technology from 3M Co.
- Adhesive films let interiors go together fast. Koucky, Sherri; Mraz, Stephen // Machine Design;02/24/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p41
Reports that integral high-heat adhesive films from Dow Chemical Co. meet original equipment manufacturers' performance requirements and United States Environmental Protection Agency standards for use in truck and automotive interiors. Application of the adhesive films; Variety of substrates...
- Adhesives Help Create A Quieter Car. Cerruto, Jennifer M. // Product Design & Development;Jan2004, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the utilization of pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA) in the manufacture of automobiles. Replacement of mechanical fasteners with adhesive products; Emergence of PSA as an industry standard for automotive applications where noise reduction is critical; Types of PSA.
- Automotive Coatings, Adhesives and Sealants Demand to Exceed $7 Billion. // Products Finishing;Jun2006, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p10
The article reports that demand for automotive coatings, adhesives and sealants in the U.S. is predicted to increase by 4.1 percent per year to more than $7 billion in 2010. These gains will be largely due to passenger cars which use up fewer coatings, adhesives and sealants on a per vehicle...
- Henkel. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jan/Feb2015 Supplement Directory, Vol. 16, p12
The article offers a corporate profile for Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, an automotive adhesive and functional solutions provider, in which the company's solutions offer environmental and economic advantages for vehicles, making them more durable and quieter while increasing safety, strength and comfort.