'Lean Manufacturing Starts with Lean Design'
- Out-of-the-box benchmarking. O'Dell, Carla // Management Review;Jan94, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p63
Discusses reasons why companies should benchmark outside the industry. Definition of benchmarking; Avoiding reinvention of existing solution; Achievement of breakthrough improvements; Directing of reengineering; Anticipation of strategies of competitors.
- Be certain it's oranges to oranges. Miller Jr., Robert E. // Outlook;Fall90, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p78
Emphasizes the importance of benchmarking a company's performance with that of another company. Details needed in company performance comparisons; Includes management surveys; Annual reports; Other factors to be considered in comparing one firm to another.
- Achieving Manufacturing Excellence. Elliott, George // Industrial Management;May/Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on issues concerning manufacturing excellence or benchmark performance in organizations. Barriers to manufacturing excellence; Output measures of manufacturing excellence; Steps suggested to achieve manufacturing excellence.
- Rules of the Game. Huppe, Jocelyne // CMA Management;Sep2000, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the significance of internal benchmarking in managing the business. Concern over the effect of market globalization on management; Impact of internal benchmarking on employee efficiency and evaluation process; Rules to be observed in internal benchmarking to ensure success.
- NIBCO's Search For The 'Perfect Order' // Supply House Times;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p32
Presents case study results on the supply chain management project of the ASA Industrial Piping Division Las Vegas, Nevada. Development of design for an ordering system from the wholesaler perspective; Measurement of the perfect order; Initiation of benchmarking and reengineering of various...
- Best practice benchmarking [The path to excellence]. Camp, Robert C. // CMA Magazine;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the importance of benchmarking in managing companies and improving business performance. History and worldwide reach for benchmarking and best practices; Steps to energize and motivate people in an organization; Strategic need for best practice benchmarking; Evolution of best...
- Benchmark calculator can add up to success. Hall, Evelyn // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May95, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p76
Looks at the use of benchmark calculators in the measurement of the success of a business enterprise. Importance of company evaluations; Advantages of benchmarking; Difficulties in benchmarking; Acord as the only supplier of benchmarking software; Fees.
- Benchmarking. Scott, Peter // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p50
Discusses the importance of benchmarking in business performance improvement. Approaches and techniques; Advantages; Requirements for successful benchmarking.
- A PARTNERSHIP IN TOUGH TIMES. Sramcik, Tim // Automotive Body Repair News;May2009, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses various topics published within the issue including one on the survival in a down economy, one on the financial benchmark and one on the key cuts a businessman should be focusing on and vital business training for them to pick up.