Smoke & Materials
- Aluminum Surpasses Plastic in Use. Corbett, Brian // Ward's Auto World;Sep2000, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p56
Presents information on the use of aluminum products by the automobile industry. Discussion on the price and sales performance of aluminum materials; Details on the application of aluminum products.
- FAILURE. CAMERON, KEVIN // Cycle World;Dec2015, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p32
The article offers information related to the use of aluminum oxide in advanced casting practice for manufacturing automobile parts.
- lightweights punch it out. // Automotive Engineer;Mar2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p52
Discusses the choice between steel and aluminum for lighter, more efficient cars. Expected aluminium content of each vehicle in North America by 2009; Aluminium advantages; One of the many problems aluminium is encountering; Reasons aluminium cars are not produced on the mass basis of their...
- Bloodhound SSC looks for 'bullet-proof' aluminium alloy wheels. lloydd // MWP (Online Edition);9/28/2012, p464
The article reports on the development of aluminum wheels for the BloodHound Super Sonic Car (SSC).
- More vehicles to use aluminum. // Automotive News;7/19/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5509, Insight p9i
Reports on the findings of a study that motorvehicle structural uses will lead growth in American aluminum demand through the 1990s. Transportation equipment; Machinery and equipment.
- CORRECTIONS. // Automotive News;9/29/2014, Vol. 89 Issue 6640, p3
A correction to the article about Toyota Motor Corp.'s plan to use aluminum for its Camry models and about Turner Broadcasting System in the September 22, 2014 issue is presented.
- MARKET FORECASTS. // Ceramic Industry;Jul2011, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p10
This section offers news briefs regarding ceramic industry market forecasts. China's alumina manufacturers are active in capacity expansion that was expected to reach 7.9 million tons in 2010. The global market value for the transportation equipment's lightweight materials was estimated at 95.5...
- GM Goes Retro(gression). Corbett, Brian // Ward's Auto World;Jul2002, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p29
Reports that General Motors Corp. will begin the use of aluminum closure panels using heat treatment retrogression forming method. Qualities of aluminum compared to steel; Capabilities of the method.
- Honda ups demand for aluminum in United States. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug97, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p29
Reports that Honda North America Incorporated will need more that 30,000,000 pounds of secondary aluminum in 1997-98 to design aluminium cast components for its vehicles. Where the components will be manufactured.