Year 2005 Vehicle: Driving in an Information-Centric World
- New Devices Will Change Online Access. Mink, Mary // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;7/15/2002, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p1
Discusses advancements in electronic devices that will change the way consumers access online services.
- New Products. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May2001, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p74
Features telecommunication systems and services in the United States. Optical Services Xchange from Ocular Networks; Bit error rate tester for OC-192c SONET/SDH interfaces; TDM optical access feeder system FSP1000 from ADVA Optical Networking; VoIP voice quality testing mechanism from Agilent...
- Tune in, or fall behind. Wyse, Duncan // Oregon Business Magazine;Jan94, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p26
Examines the future of the information and communication systems industry in Oregon. Transmission, storage and manipulation of information in Oregon; Telecommunications infrastructure usage and development for economic advantages; Oregon Connects' benchmarks for the kind of telecommunications...
- Acceptance of Bluetooth has been slower than expected. Graham, Alex // Automotive News;11/1/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6119, p32b
The article reports on Bluetooth that is a short-range wireless connection system that enables various digital devices such as in-car audio, personal digital assistants and mobile phones to communicate. In the future, off-board navigation and other Internet information services will be delivered...
- Alternatives to long distance carriers. Kruk, Leonard R. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Aug96, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p3
Lists resources for companies with plans on establishing a virtual secure private network. Includes Northern Telecom; Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Internet commerce group; Trident Data Systems; SSDS; GlobalCom International; Santa Cruz Operations Inc.; ISP UUnet Technologies Inc.
- Putting Web Services Standards to Work. De Lancie, Philip // EContent;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the use of Web services in the computer applications of companies. Pros and cons of Web services for a corporation; Standardization of the applications offered by Web services; Difficulty in the use of the Internet for communication; Overview of the interoperability feature of a Web...
- Info line slowed as feds snail-mail funding. Fletcher, Heather // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/8/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 28, p4A
Reports on the delay in the launch of the 311 telephone system in North Hempstead, New York. Claim that the federal government is slow in making its payments; Decision of the town to put off signing contracts for software and phone systems until after the receipt of the federal grant; Purpose of...
- Phones make 5 locations appear as one. // Communications News;Jul94, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p54
Reports that a single company that runs five car dealerships in Greenville, S.C., uses its phone system to operate as one unit despite its distributed setup. Use of off-premise extension lines; Use of the paging abilities of the phone system.
- Editor's Notes. Bryant, Bob // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p1
Comments on the emergence of in-car telematics technology in the United States. Predicted sales growth of telematics equipment and services; Services offered by in-vehicle devices using telematics; Safety concerns of industry observers about the potential of the technology.