When Conflict Rears Its Head
- Conflict management. Cottringer, William // Executive Excellence;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p6
Offers advice on conflict management. Framing of a strategy; Resolution techniques; Definition of conflict; Conflicts as part of individual relationships.
- Africa: In search of self-pacification. Mazrui, Ali A. // African Affairs;Jan1994, Vol. 93 Issue 370, p39
Opinion. Discusses methods for peaceful conflict resolution in African countries. Creation of a unified African judicial system; Motivating peaceful political succession; Cultural resources or traditional African mores that can be utilized in conflict resolution; Elder tradition; Role of women...
- Chill out. Pratt, Maureen // Career World;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p28
Provides tips on to cope with conflict. Occurrence of conflicts in school, home and the workplace; Need for thinking before acting; Importance of keeping an objective outlook on the situation; Role of mediators; Development of conflict resolution skills. INSETS: Karla Baker resolves conflicts...
- Conflict resolution. // Current Health 2;Nov95, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p11
Offers advice on how to manage and resolve a conflict. Common agendas that sabotage conflict resolution; Basic human needs of individuals; Identification of basic interests that are being threatened.
- My tree, your problem. Ingersoll, John H. // Country Living;Mar1993, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p95
Discusses conflict resolution between neighbors over tree ownership. Read copy of local ordinances that apply to trees; Ownership determined by location of trunk; Required to rake leaves fallen in yard; Most town ordinances approve trimming; Rights to fruit and nuts; Roots, an ideal case for...
- How to handle conflict. Schwartz, Andrew E. // CPA Journal;Apr97, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p72
Presents information on how to avoid conflict. Causes of conflicts; Types of conflict; Ways to resolve conflicts; Symptoms of conflict; Additional guidelines for responding to conflict.
- Conflict resolution: An abbreviated review of current literature with suggestions for counselors. Boulter, Alex; Von Bergen, C.W. // Education;Fall95, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p93
Presents a literature review on conflict resolution for counselor implementation. Themes of conflict; Child conflict; Adolescent conflict; Skills needed in constructive conflict resolution; Factors to be considered in the teaching of conflict resolution skills.
- Resolving employee conflicts. // Secretary;Jan97, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on how to resolve employee conflicts in the workplace. Results of a survey by Accountemps on workplace conflicts; Reasons for conflicts in the workplace; How managers can reduce the time they spend resolving conflicts.
- Conflict resolution--a key ingredient in successful teams. Capozzoli, Thomas K. // Supervision;Dec95, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p3
Discusses the importance of conflict resolution in management. Nature of conflict; Causes; Features of conflict resolution.
- Supervisors don't have job conflicts? Myers, Olga // Supervision;Jun91, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p14
Deals with the conflicts of our everyday job and how to deal with it. Sources of conflict; The win/lose mentality of conflicts; Middle ground of the conflict; Collaboration in settling conflicts; Unfounded fears in resolving conflicts; Basic guidelines in dealing with conflict.