People In The News
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;5/17/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the career developments of executives, publishers and authors in the book industry in the U.S. Promotion of Darlene Delillo as vice president and deputy publisher of Avon/HarperTorch unit; Appointment of Stephen Lacy as the president and chief operating officer of Meredith Corp.;...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p8
Reports about career developments in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Retrenchment of employees at Random House; Recruitment of Hakan Lindskog for the position of chief executive officer at MediaBay; Designation of Kathleen Carson for the position of senior editor at Guideposts Books...
- ON THE WEB THIS WEEK. // Travel Weekly (UK);9/26/2008, p7
The article offers news briefs related to tourism in Great Britain. Former Travel 12 commercial and product director Stephen Rhodes has joined transfer specialist Resorthoppa as managing director. Reed Business Information managing director Jane Burgess will be the first speaker at a new series...
- Shelley Khal named 2008 World Ag Expo chairman. // Western Farm Press;5/6/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p7
Career developments involving politician in the U.S. are discussed. Shelley Khal, chairman of the World Ag Expo Media Committee, has been named 2008 World Ag Expo show chairman. The future chairman brings a heritage of passion for World Ag Expo to her role. She is not only the wife of past...
- Women on board make a business stronger. Burr, Gwyn // Grocer;10/16/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7977, p24
The author argues that having female managers in a grocery store would make a business stronger. She also believes that human resources (HR) policies that reflects the needs of women would ensure the delivery of a great customer service. To attract the best employees, she urges retailers to...
- Excel rolls out training across events centre. // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p7
Reports on the scholarship scheme for the staff working at the events industry in London, England. Improvement in customer service; Advantages of the training courses; Purpose for the establishment of the scholarship scheme.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Ahlberg, Pamela // Lab Manager Magazine;Oct2011, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including career advancement methods, smarter ways of controlling workers, and ways of meeting the needs of clients.
- Question: Can getting involved with 'CSR' enhance your career? Mitchell, Todd // Best's Review;Mar2010, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p14
The article provides an answer to a question weather getting involved with customer service representatives (CSR) can enhance the career of the employees.
- JPM Vice Chairman Black to Step Down. // American Banker;11/4/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 170, p16
The author reports on the resignation of Steve Black, the vice chairman of the global banking company JPMorgan Chase & Co.