Meredith Books Hits Paydirt with Garden Books; Licensed Titles
- Meredith Expanding On Licensing Deals, Children's Books For FY '05. // Book Publishing Report;
Reports that Des Moines, Iowa-based Meredith Corp. has completed its fiscal year on June 30, 2004. Growth in the net earnings of the company; Reason for the low results of the book publishing segment of the company; Profit of the company.
- Are "YA" Titles the "PG-13" of Publishing? // Book Publishing Report;Sep2008, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the study regarding the bestselling novels in the U.S. Through a breakdown of age brackets, the titles for the youngest group averaged 38% of the total books, falling from 45% in 2002 to 29% in 2007. Titles for 5-9 years olds have also shrunk, from 37% to 33%, which is the...
- ALLOY BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2006, Vol. 243 Issue 19, p16
Presents facts concerning the publishing company Alloy. The company is already 10 years in the publishing business. It has $35 million net loss in fiscal year ended January 31, 2006 and $195 million total revenue in fiscal year 2005. Its media segment has a revenue of $48 million in fiscal year...
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;12/9/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 50, p17
Discusses publishing news for the week of December 9, 1996, about bestsellers. The omission of `Angela's Ashes,' by Frank McCourt from the 1996 National Book Awards; The relaunch of the book `The Christmas Box,' by Richard Paul Evans; The publication of `The Christmas Tree,' by Julie Salamon...
- --The Publishers--. // Book Publishing Report;04/09/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p4
Lists the publishers of hardcover nonfiction bestsellers through April 8, 2001. Simba Information from the 'New York Times' bestseller lists; Number of weeks in the list.
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p3
Ranks United States-based publishers by hardcover nonfiction bestsellers from year-to-date through August 26, 2001. Random House; Simon & Schuster; HarperCollins; Penguin Putnam.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p3
Presents a chart depicting bestseller publishers in New York City. Number of bestselling titles from Random House; Duration of bestsellers.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;2/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p3
Presents a chart related to the publishers of bestsellers as of February 2002.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Paperback Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;11/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p3
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of the bestseller publishers in the U.S. as of November 2002. Number of book titles; Names of the publishers.