Amazon Revenues Rise; Outlook Sinks
- Amazon offers deals for Prime. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/7/2015, pA02
The article reports on the plan of electronic commerce company Amazon.com Inc. to offer several deals on July 15, 2015 as part of its promotion for its Prime program.
- Amazon's Revenue Almost Doubles, But Losses Mount. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;05/06/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 19, p8
Reports on online retailer Amazon.com Inc.'s financial performance for the first quarter of 2000. Revenue; Pro forma net loss; Gross profit from books, music, videos, and digital video discs; Number of customers added during the quarter.
- AMAZON Q2 PROFIT UP 45%. Gruenweel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/2/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p8
The article reports that electronic commerce company Amazon.com Inc. has posted a 45% increase in its profit for the second quarter of 2010.
- Bright spot in the cyber gloom. Kirby, James // BRW;2/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p20
Announces the profit made by online retailer Amazon.com in 2001. Comment by the director of Boston Consulting Group on the announcement; Shutdowns and acquisitions of online retailers since April 2000; Growth in online sales of banking and travel services.
- Amazon says it will show us the money. Vogelstein, Fred // U.S. News & World Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p40
Discusses Amazon.com's predictions that it will see a profit sometime in 2001. Investors' reaction to layoffs at the company; Why this is a watershed event for Amazon and for online retailing in general; Analysts' predictions of a raft of Internet company failures by the summer of 2000.
- Despite Profit, Amazon Disappoints Wall Street. // MMR;2/24/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the disappointment of financial analysts about the financial performance of electronic commerce company Amazon.com Inc. despite an increase in the company's corporate profits by 146.4 percent in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- Amazon Posts Music Profit. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;11/04/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 45, p10
Focuses on the financial results reported by Internet retailer Amazon.com for the third quarter of 2000. Details of the pro forma operating profit delivered by the company; Comments by chief executive Jeff Bezos regarding Amazon's increased focus on operational improvements; Statistics for the...
- Amazon schreibt wieder schwarze Zahlen. Manuela, Ohs // Lebensmittel Zeitung;2/7/2014, Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the financial situation of electronic commerce company Amazon. Information is offered on the stagnating shares of the company despite worldwide profit increase of 22 percent, the advantage the company had as a result of low taxes, and the expectations of shareholders....
- Gristedes Sales Fall; Web Deal Set. Springer, Jon // SN: Supermarket News;9/6/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 36, p8
Reports on the Web site deal of Gristedes Foods with online retailer Amazon.com in September 2004. Percentage of the decrease in sales of Gristedes; Amount of loss incurred by the chain retailer in the second quarter and first half of 2004; Impact of its venture with subsidiary XpressGrocer.com.