Do More with Less
- Well, Well, Well... Zackowitz, Margaret G. // National Geographic;Jul2005, Vol. 208 Issue 1, following p120
Presents a photograph taken in 1941 of oil derricks on Signal Hill near Long Beach.
- Sale of existing platforms: past, present, and future. Riles, Bill; Van Kirk, Myron // Offshore;Nov98, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p112
Discusses the history of Gulf of Mexico platform sales and examines practices and global future trends. Account of reusing drilling oil decks by major operators in the 1970s; Aspects of the early identification and marketing of candidate re-sale platforms; Storage considerations; Platform...
- Determining the best tools for sidetracking completions. Briggs, Gary M. // Offshore;Nov98, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p132
Outlines the types of system capabilities and equipment configurations in meeting various completion requirements associated with conventional sidetracks. Completion options; System components; Parts of multi-lateral access system; Information on the retrievable tool assembly.
- Kenya's Ministry of Energy will gazette seven more oil blocks. // World Energy News;6/10/2013, p5
The article reports that Kenya's Ministry of Energy will gazette seven more oil blocks that are available for exploration in June 2013 as Kenya steps up efforts to strike commercial deposits.
- Oil rig disaster inquiry begins. Rowney, Michael // Green Left Weekly;11/11/2009, Issue 817, p5
The article reports on the announcement of the owners of West Atlas oil-drilling platform that the fire was already extinguished on November 3, 2010 in Perth, West Virginia.
- Oil and Water. Helvarg, David // Popular Science;Aug2001, Vol. 259 Issue 2, p44
Reports on the floating rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Names of the oil platforms in the gulf; Description of Pompano, a fixed oil platform; Information on the Deep Spill Joint Industry Project. INSETS: DRILLLING DEEPER;THE OTHER FOSSIL FUEL, by Lincoln Smith.
- GLOBAL DATA. // Offshore;Apr2002, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p10
Presents charts and graphs about worldwide oil rigs and drilling activities from March 1998 through March 2002.
- Salvage operation goes down a storm. // Engineer (00137758);7/25/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7680, p6
Reports on the engineering operation to repair the damage caused by Hurricane Dennis on British Petroleum's (BP) Thunder Horse oil platform in the Mississippi Canyon area. Evacuation of the rig before the hurricane hit the Gulf of Mexico; Projected peak output of the rig; Cause of the listing of...
- Drilling technology generation lasts only five years. // Offshore;Nov98, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p134
Discusses the issues on the changing oil drilling research and development environment presented at the Offshore Northern Seas conference by Halliburton Energy Services research specialists. List of some of the downhole changes forecasted for the 1998-2005 period; Information on oil drilling...