Search for Values
- Values Fulfilled. Gerling, Kelly Patrick // Fire Chief;Jan2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p50
The article focuses on the six conditions that are necessary in developing and maintaining respect, trust and open communication in a fire department. It is said that a call to the moral leadership of living by such values commonly stated by fire departments does not mechanically lead to their...
- Scenes from FDIC 2004. // Fire Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p97
Highlights the topics discussed at the 2004 Fire Department Instructors Conference in the United States. Core values; Leadership; Health and safety; Communication; Tactics and skills.
- Servant leadership in the fire service: It's never lonely at the top when you're leading... Stanley, Michael F. // Fire Engineering;Aug95, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the leadership styles within the fire departments in the United States. Features of the military management model; Characteristic of servant leadership; Qualities of a servant leader.
- Labor and management. Henson, Roger R. // Fire Engineering;Aug95, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p83
Focuses on leadership partnership in fire departments. Steps in forging partnerships; Changes in value and direction in fire departments; Primary purpose of management; Delegation of responsibility and authority; Leadership tenets.
- Lower-Case Leadership Is First Step of Journey. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p36
Examines the varieties of leadership styles in the fire service in the U.S. Clarification of the author on the concept of leadership; Meaning of a lower-case leader; Characteristics of good leaders.
- Benchmarks Show the Path to Better Performance -- and Funding. Parow, Jack // Fire Chief;Jan2011, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p30
In this article, the author discusses the concept of benchmarking. He states that benchmarking is the process of comparing an organization's practices, business processes and performance metrics to industry's bests. The author also tackles the application of benchmarking and best practices in...
- Orange County (FL) Fire Department victim of government... // Fire Engineering;Jan1996, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p62
Reports that more than 100 members of the Orange County (Florida) Fire Department were terminated in September, 1995. Who was among those terminated; Reason for downsizing of the department; Comments from Tom Siegfried, past president of the IAFC and the Florida Fire Chiefs' Association.
- Change Leadership. Anderson, Dean // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p19
The article discusses the necessity of successfully leading a complex and transformational change in the organization. The author says that these changes involve huge stakes and may either result in a high return of investment (ROI) or a costly failure. Change leadership skills will increase the...
- The Museum Leadership Institute: A Transformational Leadership Training Program. Altman, Ellie // Public Garden;2005, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p18
The article presents information on the transformational leadership training program of the Museum Leadership Institute. In 1986, the program focused on managing best practices from the non-profit and for-profit worlds. Almost a decade later, the program was revised and features were added for...