Ethical EMTs Reduce Customer Complaints
- Bigger isn't Better in Ambulance Design. Lindsey, Jeffrey T. // Fire Chief;Mar2009, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p28
In this article the author discusses matters regarding the approach to ambulance design and human behavior. He argues on the measure undertaken at the National Ambulance Transportation Summit in which the majority of the points centered on better ambulance design particularly sizes of lights and...
- IS THE 14TH AMEND. STILL BREATHING? Reidinger, Paul // ABA Journal;Aug88, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p110
Reports that the U.S. 7th Circuit Court has held that the state of Wisconsin did not violate the 14th amendment when a public ambulance dispatcher failed to send a rescue squad to a woman in severe respiratory diseases. Claims against dispatcher, George Giese; Details of the court decision.
- emergency medical services medical director. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p751
An encyclopedia entry of the term "emergency medical services medical director," which refers to the physician responsible for the patient care and clinical components of an Emergency Medical Service system, is presented.
- EMS memorial service to be held May 24. // Fire Engineering;May97, Vol. 150 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on the emergency medical service (EMS) providers who will be honored at the National EMS Memorial Service. Date and venue of the event; Services provided by the honorees; How they will be honored; Number of providers who have been memorialized since the service was established.
- Having surge plan for staff essential. // ED Management;Jul2010, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p79
The article reports on the importance of implementing a work plan in the emergency department (ED) to guide the personnel with the right things to do.
- Volunteers ready to save Iives at moment's notice. Potts, Tricia // East Bernard Express (TX);5/17/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 20, p1
The article profiles several dedicated volunteers who make up the staff of the East Bernard Emergency Medical Services team in East Bernard, Texas in 2007.
- Magazine writes up East Bernard EMS. // East Bernard Express (TX);5/17/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 20, p1
The article reports that the "Texas EMS" magazine featured the East Bernard Emergency Medical Services team in its May/June 2007 issue.
- Call for new role in A&E. // Emergency Nurse;Sep2002, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p2
Deals with the demand of the Royal College of Physicians in Great Britain for the introduction of an emergency health care practitioner role in managing accidents and emergency cases.
- news. // Emergency Nurse;Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the commendation given by minister Jack McConnell to emergency care personnel who responded to a plastics factory explosion in Glasgow, Scotland in May 2004. Emergency departments involved in the service.