USFA Offers Mayday Training CD
- USFA Offers Chemistry Refresher CD. // Fire Chief;Jun2006, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on the self-study refresher program on CD format titled "Review of Chemistry for Emergency Response," released by the U.S. Fire Administration. The program was designed to support Chemistry for Emergency response, a firemen course at the National Fire Academy which is being...
- NFA announces new procedures for contract instructors. // Fire Engineering;Aug2007, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p58
This article discusses how the United States Fire Administration (USFA) will release on its Web site a procedure for recruiting and certifying contract instructors. Potential instructors who meet the qualifications to teach a class can now become eligible contract instructors without attending...
- USFA Releases 2011 LODD Numbers. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/19/2012, p3
The article reports that in 2011, there were 83 firefighter deaths occurred in 33 states, a U.S. dependency, and a U.S. military facility on a foreign country, where most of the deaths happened in Texas, according to the statistics of the U.S. Fire Administration.
- Fire Administration releases 2012 firefighter fatality stats. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Expert Blog;1/7/2013, p2
The article reports on a provisional total of 83 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. announced by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) during 2012.
- USFA offers on-site arson-fire investigation reviews. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the offering of a no-cost, on-site program reviews and technical assistance to 12 arson and fire investigation units in the United States by the US Fire Administration (USFA). Requirements for the consideration of one of the 12 slots; Availability of the USFA technical assistance team...
- USFA/NFA COURSES: A FORMAT TO FIT YOUR SCHEDULE. Burris Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p167
Focuses on the training program provided by the United States Fire Administration/National Fire Department (USFA/NFA) for fire and emergency services. Details on the USFA/NFA courses; Educational opportunities of the program; Advantage of the program for working people.
- LODD Rates Show Decline. ROBERTS, MARY ROSE // Fire Chief;Feb2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p10
The article presents the findings of the U.S. Fire Administration's (USFA's) provisional 2010 firefighter-fatalities report according to which there were 85 on-duty firefighter fatalities in the U.S. in 2010.
- USFA releases provisional 2007 firefighter fatality statistics. // Fire Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p90
The article reports on the study conducted by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) regarding the fatalities in firefighters. Also presented is the casualty statistics made by the USFA. These fatality statistics for 2007 are subject to change as the USFA contacts state fire marshals to verify the...
- USFA: LODDs Down Nearly 7% in 2011. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;1/3/2012, p1
The article highlights firefighter fatality statistics in the U.S. in 2011, released by U.S. Fire Administration (USFA). The USFA reports that 81 firefighters died in the line of duty in 2011, which is a 7% decline from the 87 fatalities for 2010. The top cause of death was heart attack, while...