Fireworks Top List of Holiday Fire Causes
- Life-Safety Resources. // Buildings;Jan2003, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p36
Presents information on the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) based in Quincy, Massachusetts. Aim of the association; Background on several codes and standards developed by NFPA to minimize the possibility and impact of fire and other risks; Services offered by NFPA.
- NFPA World Safety Conference & Exposition. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2004, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p44
Highlights the 2004 World Safety Conference and Exhibition of the National Fire Protection Association in Salt Lake City, Utah. Schedule of events; Contact information; Keynote speakers.
- Leave those fireworks to the pros. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p10
This article reports on the call for the banning of consumer fireworks by the coalition formed by the U.S. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the American Academy of Pediatrics. The coalition consists of 21 health or fire safety advocacy groups, including the American College of...
- 9,600 Spirit in the Sky. // Plastic Surgery Practice;Jul2013, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p31
The article reports that 9,600 fireworks-related injuries were treated in 2011 in U.S. hospital emergency departments as per the records of the U.S. National Fire Protection Association and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Sharp dip in firefighter deaths. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jul2011, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on the report released by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in June 2011 which reveals that fatalities of firefighters on the job in the U.S. are at the lowest number in 2010 since they first conducted the study in 1977.
- Death and the media event. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/21/97, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p106
Editorial. Comments on the death of a 12-year old girl caused by an explosive demolition in Canberra, Australia. Support for restricting explosive demolitions in crowded settings; Suggestion to the National Fire Protection Association to draft guidelines and specifications for explosive...
- NFPA considers changes to NFPA 1124 fireworks standard. // Fire Engineering;Apr2008, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p102
The article reports that the Standards Council of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) is considering the possibility of revising the scope of the Technical Committee on Pyrotechnics (TC), which is responsible for NFPA 1124. The council is planning to exclude retail sales of consumer...
- NFPA to consolidate membership meetings beginning in 2005. // Engineered Systems;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the approval by the board of directors of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to approve the consolidation of its Fall Education Conference into its World Safety Conference and Exposition (WSCE). Implications of the approval; Account of the decision of the board of...
- NFPA: More fires but fewer deaths in 2006. // Fire Engineering;Dec2007, Vol. 160 Issue 12, p32
The author reports on the number of fires in the United States and the number of people who were killed or injured at these fires. According to a report by the National Fire Protection Association there were 1.6 million fires in the U.S. in 2006 which resulted in 3200 deaths and 16,400 injuries....