Spinning the Web: Web TV Japan
- Broadcast Forum: Broadcasters speak out. // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the deployment of digital technologies by European broadcasters. Series of interviews with top broadcast journalists; Vendor relations.
- Latin America unpredictable but still a force. Stilson, Janet // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p12
Reports the importance of the programmers on television broadcasting industry in Latin America. Theme of the National Association of Television Program Executives conference; Views of Alberto Ciurana, vice president of programming on television programs; Company operation of Televisa.
- Eastern Europe puts programs into mix. Dziadul, Chris // Electronic Media;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 53, p18
Reports the changes in the television programs of broadcasting industry in Eastern Europe. Theme of the conference of National Association of Television Program Executives 2002; Performance of Telewizja Polska; Effect of the appointment of Jiri Balvin as director general on Cable Television;...
- Charting a path. Henninger // SHOOT;07/04/97, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p4
Comments on the impact of the of digital television in television postproduction. Retooling of the postproduction industry; Change in business dynamics; Need for the involvement of the postproduction industry in defining broadcast standards.
- No easy answers. Libin, Louis // Broadcast Engineering;Aug97, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p30
Discusses the benefits of using digital television (DTV). Advantages of DVT over National Television System Committee (NTSC) reception; Issues that needs to be addressed before airing with DTV.
- FCC to auction TV auxiliary frequencies. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Sep97, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p12
Offers a look at pending petitions for reconsideration of the digital television (DTV) table of allotments. Petition of the Association for Maximum Service Television (MSTV); Proposal of the Association of Local TV Station regarding DTV stations on the ultrahigh frequency band; Associations...
- Business. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p332
Focuses on developments related to digital television, current as of March 1998. Includes SkyStream Corp.'s formation of a strategic alliance with International Datacasting Corp.; ASC Audio Video Corp.'s decision to move its corporate headquarters to a new location; Vela Research Inc.'s...
- Getting into business. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p352
Deals with the different types of startups in the digital television industry. Problem of focusing too much on engineering; Major shifts at the analog semiconductor manufacturers; Successful companies' ability to identify the market opportunity correctly.
- Audio-to-video delay systems for DTV. Tucker, Tom // Broadcast Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p82
Focuses on audio-to-video delay systems for digital television. Technical challenges presented by the transition from analog to digital; Frame synchronization; Importance of controlling audio-to-video delay errors; Designing television broadcast facilities; Measuring audio-to-video delay...