Hardcover Fiction List Led by New Titles from Seasoned Authors
- THE INDUSTRY AWARD ANN GODOFF, PENGUIN PRESS. Kachka, Boris // New York;12/19/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p63
The article reports on the performance of the Penguin Press company. Ann Godoff, a veteran editor has parlayed her impressive list of authors into the new largely nonfiction imprint at Penguin. Godoff had five books that became best sellers in 2004 in the company. Godoff stated that the imprint...
- Penguin Group Tops Random House on Paperback Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2007 Supplement, Vol. 32, p1
The article focuses on the domination of publisher Penguin Group USA Inc. in the paperback fiction list category of the "New York Times." This was contributed by author Nora Roberts' four books which held the top spot for a combined ten weeks. Penguin Group had 37 book titles in the category...
- Random House on Top of NYT Hardcover Fiction List Again. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2007 Supplement, Vol. 32, p1
The article focuses on the domination of publisher Random House Inc. in the hardcover fiction category list for the third consecutive year. Random House led with 65 titles and is followed by Penguin Group USA Inc. with 37 titles including Nora Robert's "Angels Fall." Simon & Schuster Inc. ranked...
- Penguin Holds Slight Lead Over Random House in Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;7/31/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p7
The article presents the paperback fiction list of The New York Times with Penguin Group USA in the lead, just three titles over Random House. Aside from the above mentioned publisher, included in the lists are Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins, and Hachette Book Group. Only one newcomer is in the...
- Hardcover Bestsellers/Fiction. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;2/1/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 5, p14
The article lists fiction hardcover bestsellers in the U.S. for the week of February 1, 2010 including "The Help," by Kathryn Stockett, "Kisser," by Stuart Woods, and "The Lost Symbol," by Dan Brown.
- Hardcover Bestsellers/Fiction. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;6/21/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 24, p10
A list of the hardcover bestsellers in the fiction category in the U.S. as of June 21, 2010 is presented including "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," by Stieg Larson, "The Lion," by Nelson DeMille and "The Passage," by Justin Cronin.
- Hardcover Bestsellers/Fiction. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;1/16/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 3, p12
The article presents a list of bestselling fiction books including "Private: #1 Suspect," by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro, "Love in a Nutshell," by Janet Evanovich and "77 Shadow Street," by Dean Koontz.
- Hardcover Bestsellers/Fiction. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 49, p14
A list of the top 15 fiction hardcover bestsellers compiled from data received from independent and chain bookstores as of December 2007 is presented including "Double Cross," by James Patterson, "The Darkest Evening of the Year," by Dean Koontz, and "A Thousand Splendid Suns," by Khaled Hosseini.
- Hardcover Bestsellers/Fiction. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;7/11/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 28, p14
A list of the best-selling hardcover fiction as of July 11, 2011 is presented including "Smokin' Seventeen," by Janet Evanovich, "Against All Enemies," by Tom Clancy with Peter Telep, and "One Summer," by David Baldacci.