Blackstone Increases Digital Titles, Monthly Output
- Download sites sell Band Aid cheap to boost traffic. // New Media Age;12/16/2004, p2
This article deals with the strategy of music download site Wippit to attract customers to their online stores. Wippit has revealed that it will sell the single online for 49p by December 2004. It will donate Â£1 to charity per copy sold, ensuring that the agreed Â£ 1.49 donation is met....
- Dithering heights. Wilkinson, Scott // Electronic Musician;Dec96, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p105
Reports that the rounding process in digital audio often results in an inaccurate representation of most measured voltages, which can lead to audible distortion and noise. Difference between the actual voltage and the nearest quantization error; What quantization distortion depends on;...
- Bit by Bit. Smithers, Brian // Electronic Musician;May2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p82
Looks at some real-life situations and describes how to avoid common problems when making digital audio transfers.
- Digital sampling: Creative or just plain `cheez-oid'? Percifull, Mary B. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Fall92, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1263
Examines issues regarding the use of digital sampling in music recording. Effect of digital technology on the recording industry; Concerns of musicians about the use of digital sampling; Copyright law and digital sampling; Defenses for an infringement action.
- Digital double Dutch. Howarth, Heather // Pro Sound News;Sep96, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the announcement by You/Com Telecommunicatie and Arbor Integrated on their joint venture to develop integrated digital audio solutions. Background information on both companies; Information on the Remote Digital Studio; Features and functions of integrated products.
- PKIs open intranet doors. // Network World;07/27/98, Vol. 15 Issue 30, INTRANET p4
Presents information on digital certificates and public-key infrastructures. What led to the decision of the Federal Express Corporation to embrace digital certificates; Comments from Ted Jestin, the global head of information security services at Salomon Smith Barney Inc.
- Digital tape answers. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Nov98, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p22
Discusses tape compression in digital recording. Problems to be solved by broadcasters; Format choices; Importance of MPEG technology.
- RADAR software upgrade available. Moss, Caroline // Pro Sound News;Dec96, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on Otari's release of the version 1.4 software for its RADAR digital multitrack disk recorder/editor. Features available on the 1.4 software; How the features operate.
- The hard facts of life. Schoepe, Zenon // Pro Sound News;Apr96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p44
Reports on the random access to hard disk technology in music production. Impetus for the advent of digital technique in music production; Features of selected hard disk-based systems; Speculations on the fate of open reel digital.