Proposition 84 Endorsed
- CALIFORNIA: Wading Back Into Water Issue. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports on the proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for water issues. The report noted that Schwarzenegger announced a new water infrastructure proposal that calls for $8.4 billion of new bond authorizations for a variety of water projects, including dam building and...
- Muni Buyers Keep Watch On California. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p1
Reports on the uncertainty on how California will pay off its short term-debt, and its impact on the state's bonds. Due date of the state's revenue anticipation warrants and revenue anticipation notes; Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan to persuade voters to approve a measure to authorize a...
- California considers diesel retrofit funding. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the funding program proposed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger that uses grants to upgrade diesel engines into cleaner-burning engines. Amount to be allocated by the governor to improve air quality; Remarks from Allen Schaeffer, executive director of the Diesel Technology...
- Rehearsals Over, Schwarzenegger Strides Into His Meatiest Role Yet. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p1
Comments on the challenges facing California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in bringing the state's fiscal house in order without relying on higher taxes and increased debt. Plans to reduce spending; Bond issue proposed to refinance the state's budget deficit.
- Calif. pols may slash HIV funding. WOCKNER, REX // Windy City Times;6/17/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p5
The article reports on the proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to reduce all HIV-related funding in the state.
- Calif. Democrats, Schwarzenegger Tilt Over Local Funding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p36
Reports on the resumption of the California budget negotiations after Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger returns from Austria. Cause of the delay in the budget for the fiscal year 2004; Deal between the governor and cities in the state; Statement of H.D. Palmer, the governor's budget spokesman,...
- Still No Consensus for California Lawmakers Over Fiscal 2008 Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/29/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32661, p44
The article reports on the lack of agreement between California lawmakers regarding the fiscal 2008 budget. It was cited that the mechanics for passing a state budget usually require a two-thirds vote in both the Assembly and the Senate, giving advantage to minority Republicans if they stick...
- New Plans for California. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p1
Reports on the plans of Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzeneger in his first 100 days in office in San Francisco, California. Administration for the rebuild of economy; Indication for the audit of the state budget; Provision of report to the governor-elect.
- California questions. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p1
The article examines how the recall of Governor Gray Davis and the election of Arnold Schwarzenegger will affect laws and policies in the environmental bell weather state of California. Schwarzenegger, a Republican, campaigned on a platform that included promoting cleaner air and water, but...