FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY
- Far West Issuance Drops Over 12% in 1st Half. Saskal, Rich; Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p1
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the Far West region in the U.S. for the first half of 2006. Municipal bond issuance in the region during the period has declined by over 12 percent. According to Thomas Financial Services company, there were more than $35 million...
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32245, p26
Presents a chart depicting invisible supply of municipal bonds in Southwestern States.
- Municipals Hold Their Own at the End of Volatile, Supply-Rich Week. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32201, p2
Discusses developments in municipal bond market in the United States as of August 19, 2005. Decline in the Treasury market; Multimillion dollar transaction of the New York State Thruway Authority; Worth of short-term bonds.
- Non-Farm Payroll Numbers Show Strong Growth, Pushing Munis Up. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32084, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market has climbed higher due to non-farm payroll report on the strong jobs growth in the U.S. Basis for the price increase; Data from the Labor Department on the new jobs outside of the farm sector; Other economic data absorbed by the market with little reaction.
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- Munis Little Changed Despite Economic Data. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p2
The article analyzes the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. The municipal and Treasury markets showed little change despite economic data. Treasury market remained near its opening levels. The 10-year note yield declined by one basis point to 4.58%. The core price index for...
- Municipal Volume Swells as Second Quarter Kicks Off. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p7
The article reports on the increase in activity in the municipal bond market in the U.S. during the arrival of the second quarter of 2006. The Federal Open Market Committee raised its target for the federal funds rate. California's Bay Area Toll Authority and the Louisiana Citizens Property...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.