MBIA Premiums Decline Due to Competition, Drop in Insured Volume, CFO Says
- MBIA: Back to Basics. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;10/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30745, p1
Focuses on MBIA Insurance Corp.'s revision of its approach to pricing as part of the bond insurer's renewed effort on credit enhancement. Price increase implemented to reflect the true value of the company's guarantee; Overview of MBIA Insurance's attempt to boost its core businesses; Results of...
- MBIA Split Panned By Four Former N.Y. Regulators. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / P&C;3/21/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the complaint of the four former New York insurance superintendents on the division of the MBIA Insurance Corp. in New York.
- MBIA Still Number One. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32176, p1
Reports on the success of MBIA Insurance Corp. to stay on the top position of municipal bond insurer in the U.S. Total principal amount incurred by the company for the first half of 2005; Percentage of market share gathered for its credit enhancement; Influence of deals made on the current state...
- MBIA Sued Over Restructuring. // National Mortgage News;3/23/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p15
The article reports that bond insurer MBIA Insurance Corp. faces a suit filed by various financial service companies in New York's Southern Federal District Court. Allegation states that the insurers decision to split its mortgage and other structured finance exposures from its public finance...
- MBIA net up 18% in 3d quarter. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30765, p25
Focuses on the financial performance of MBIA Insurance Corp. for the third-quarter of 1999. Increase of net income; Increase of expected overall portfolio returns.
- MBIA restructures as insurers weigh obstacles to growth. Sherman, Lynn; Kruger, Daniel; Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p1
Reports on the MBIA Insurance Corp.'s reduction of its staff to streamline operations and reduce future operating costs. Number of positions eliminated; Names of some executives that were let go; Factors that led to the staff reductions.
- MBIA offers insurance in estate settlements. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;2/28/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 39, p27
Reports on MBIA Insurance Corporation's insurance offer to banks called Assurety, which guarantees deposits before they are assigned to trust accounts and later invested. When MBIA started to offer product.
- Fitch Refuses to Withdraw Rating On MBIA, Citing Use of Public Data. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32842, p7
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. in the U.S. has decided to withdraw the insurer financial strength rating for MBIA Insurance Corp., and emphasized its ability to keep an accurate credit view of MBIA. Fitch's decision to continue rating MBIA was based in part on discussions of Fitch...
- MBIA Spins Off Public Finance Only Insurer. Herman, Jack; Ackerman, Andrew; Seymour, Dan // Asset Securitization Report;2/23/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the reorganization of MBIA Insurance Corp. of Illinois by MBIA Insurance Corp. to form a new U.S. public finance-only insurer that will operate separately from its structured finance business. MBIA Insurance Corp. gave its entire $537 billion book of public finance...