Chicago's MetPier Needed No State Help for Latest Debt Service Payment
- Derivations of Estimating Equations Based on Time Series. Pechman, Joseph A. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;1973, Issue 2, p414
Presents an appendix to an article on taxation.
- Measuring Tax Effort In Central and Eastern Europe. Mertens, Jo Beth // Public Finance & Management;Dec2003, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p530
This paper uses the method of measuring tax capacity and tax effort to analyze how well Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries are utilizing their tax capacities, relative to one another. Using panel data for ten CEE countries covering the years 1992-2000, I construct a tax effort index...
- Q3 State Tax Revenue Gains. // Educational Marketer;11/15/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the growth in real tax revenue in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2004.
- Data Briefing. // Accountancy;Apr2004, Vol. 133 Issue 1328, p104
This article presents tabular charts on taxation in Great Britain as of April 2004.
- Trends of the Federal Tax Structure. // Congressional Digest;May47, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p138
Provides background on the trends of the federal tax structure in the U.S. Use of internal revenue levies during the Civil War; Adoption of the income tax Amendment in 1913; Citation of the Revenue Act of 1913; Formation of the Internal Revenue Bureau.
- Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Increase. // Munday Courier (TX);8/23/2006, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p5
The article announces that the Knox County Commissioners Court in Texas will be holding a public hearing on a proposal to increase total tax revenues. The hearing will be conducted on August 24, 2006 at the Knox County Courthouse, Benjamin, Texas. A second hearing will be conducted on August 29,...
- Internal Revenue Service: Assessment of the 2008 Budget Request and an Update of 2007 Performance: GAO-07-719T. White, James R.; Powner, David A. // GAO Reports;5/10/2007, p1
The Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) budget request shows how IRS intends to balance spending for enforcement and taxpayer service, including spending for new initiatives and the Business Systems Modernization (BSM) program. A combination of enforcement and taxpayer service promotes compliance...
- Priority Guidance Plan. // Practical Accountant;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p17
The Internal Revenue Service has released its 2004-2005 Priority Guidance Plan containing 276 protects to be completed over a period of 12 months.
- Controlling Leviathan through tax reduction. Marlow, Michael L.; Orzechowski, William // Public Choice;Sep1988, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p237
Claims that tax reduction is an effective means of reducing government size. Reasons presented in support of tax reduction; Requirement for an effective control of government size; Factor that controls legislated tax revenues, forces a balanced budget and forbids the Central Bank to inflate;...