Senate Panel Approves Plan to Swap D.C Land for Federal Land
- Senate Debates Farm Bill With Provision That Could Doom Bonds for Stadiums. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32774, p38
The article reports on the continued debate in the U.S. Senate concerning a recent farm bill that contains a provision that could affect stadium bonds. The debate affected an approved amendment by the Senate that would eliminate the private-payment test for bonds used to finance professional...
- Changes Proposed for Congress. // Congressional Digest;Apr46, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p126
Presents a verbatim recommendations and proposed changes of several legislations in the U.S. Congress. Proposition on the reorganization of the Senate committee; Limitation of persons qualifying under prescribed standards; Creation of policy committees.
- Viewpoints from Capitol Hill. Welgoss, Bill // Pit & Quarry;Jul95, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p6
Reports on various legislation passed and in process in the US Senate. Anti-terrorism bill; Republicans' plan to kill enforcement of many US regulations; Endorsement of National Highway system; Clinton Administration's opposition to Senator Dole's regulatory reform bill.
- Capital Watch. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p4
Reports on approvals given by the U.S. Senate on several legislative developments in the country as of December 21, 2001. Approval given by the U.S. Senate for the legislation that gives the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development complete jurisdiction over the Office of Multifamily...
- Senate adopts compromise farm bill. // Human Events;2/23/96, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p22
Reports on US Senate's passage of the farm bill on a roll call vote on February 7, 1996. Concerns of legislators opposed to the bill; Concerns on the flat rate of the payment.
- Senate rejects crop planting requirement. // Human Events;2/23/96, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p23
Reports on US Senate's rejection of an amendment to the farm bill that requires farmers to plant crops to receive federal payments. Comments from the sponsor of the bill.
- Senate Rejects Debate on Changing China Policy. // Human Events;08/06/99, Vol. 55 Issue 29, p23
Reports the decision of the United States Senate not to debate the motion which aim to change the foreign policy toward China. Author of the motion; Vote on the motion.
- Senate Rejects Federal Anti-Drinking Media Campaign. // Human Events;08/06/99, Vol. 55 Issue 29, p23
Focuses on the move of the United States Senate to reject an amendment to an appropriation bill for several agencies which seek to fund an advertising campaign to stop teenagers from drinking. Debate on the amendment; Vote on the amendment; Sponsor of the amendment.
- Should the Senate Approve S. 185 to Reform the Hatch Act? PRO. // Congressional Digest;Aug93, Vol. 72 Issue 8/9, p206
Presents the arguments of senators who favor the approval of S. 185 to reform the Hatch Act. John H. Glenn, Jr.; Joseph I. Lieberman; Paul David Wellstone; Ted Stevens.