Jobless Claims Dip 7,000 to 298,000
- EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND WAGES. // Economic Indicators;Feb2004, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p11
Presents statistics from the United States Department of Commerce on the status of the labor force in the country as of February 2004. Decline of employment; Unemployment rate; Selected measures of unemployment and unemployment insurance programs; Average earnings in terms of week and hours;...
- Jobless Claims Rise 12,000 to 345,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the U.S. in the week ended May 15, 2004, according to the Labor Department.
- Jobless Claims Gain 20,000 to 350,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in Washington. Description of the applications figure; Percentage of the seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate in the week ended October 16, 2004.
- INDICATORS. // New England Economic Indicators;2014 Q2, p1
The article provides updates on New England economic indicators for the second quarter of 2014. Topics cited include the pre-recession levels of the economic recovery and employment, the unemployment insurance claims that are comparable to the numbers filed in early 2006, and the modest growth...
- Jobless Claims Up 54,000 To 524,000 in Jan.10 Week. // Bond Buyer;1/16/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33043, p2
The article focuses on the increase of unemployment rate in Washington. The initial claims for state unemployment benefits rose an adjusted from 54,000 to 524,000 in the January 10, 2009 week. The latest total exceeded the expected 501,000 level and follows two weeks of declines in holiday week...
- Unemployment rate at 7.4 percent in October. Robinson, Dan // Alaska Economic Trends;Dec2008, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p13
The article focuses on the 7.4% increase of unemployment rate in Alaska for October 2008. It cites that southwest region has the highest unemployment rate among the six economic regions with 11.3% increase while Mat-Su region has the lowest with 5.9%. It discusses two economic indicators of...
- Seeking competing offer to gain pay hike raises ethical questions. O'Donnell, Jeanine "J.T."; Dauten, Dale // Monroe County Clarion;7/20/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 31, pF5
The article presents answers to employment-related letters sent in by readers including one on the propriety of searching for a competing offer in requesting for a raise and one on the abuse in the collection of unemployment benefits by certain groups.
- Feedback proves vital, but should not be reserved for annual review. O'Donnell, Jeanine; Dauten, Dale // South County Journal;11/30/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 48, pD12
The article presents questions and answers related to employment in the U.S. including ones about annual job review and employment options for a man who failed to obtain unemployment insurance.
- Where's the economy headed? Laws, Forrest // Southwest Farm Press;11/19/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 22, p8
The article focuses on the economic indicators that would help the economy in the U.S. It mentions several indicators that should be looked into for the coming months including the employment report for October 2009, the first time and continuing claims for unemployment insurance, and the...