Big Governor's Race
- Fall Guy. Zengerle, Jason // New Republic;9/30/2002, Vol. 227 Issue 14, p22
Looks at the chance of U.S. Marine Corps veteran and lawyer Bill McBride to beat Republican incumbent Jeb Bush in Florida's gubernatorial election in 2002. Background of McBride in the field of politics; Attack advertisements initiated by the Florida Republican Party against McBride; Impact of...
- Teachers Snub Reno. Richard, Alan // Education Week;1/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p19
Reports that the Florida Education Association chose to endorse governmental candidate Bill McBride. Choice of McBride over former U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno and Governor Jeb Bush; McBride's views on education.
- 2d-term Bush could head smaller cabinet. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30515, p7
Reports on the victory of Republican candidate Jeb Bush as Florida governor, while the constitutional amendment providing for changes to the executive cabinet is passed during the November 3, 1998 elections. Changes called for in the cabinet; Terms of the amendment; Role expected for the...
- Go For Governor. DiConsiglio, John // Junior Scholastic;10/19/98, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p8
Talks about Jeb Bush's bid to become the governor of Florida. Politics in Bush's family; Opportunity for Republicans to gain another governorship in Florida; Bush's 1994 campaign for governor; Remarks from rival Buddy MacKay.
- What About Jeb and Arnold? Eisenberg, Daniel; Padgett, Tim; Peltier, Michael; Ressner, Jeffrey // Time;11/21/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 21, p37
The article focuses on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Florida Governor Jeb Bush. The author suggests that Schwarzenegger and Bush have the highest profile of any state official in the nation. It is the author's view that neither has been able to transform their celebrity into...
- Florida's Bush repeats vow for tax relief in state of the state. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p3
Reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's delivery of his first state of the state address during the opening of the state's 1999 legislative session. Reiteration of the governor's commitment to education, tax relief and the environment; Call for the gradual repeal of the state's intangibles tax on...
- BUSH WHACKED. Levine, Art // New Republic;11/09/98, Vol. 219 Issue 19, p12
Explains the reasons for the lack of voter support for the campaign of Democratic Kenneth MacKay against Florida Governor Jeb Bush in 1998. Allegations raised by MacKay against Bush in order to close the wide gap in voter support; Reaction of MacKay's fellow Democrats to the status of his...
- Jeb Bush. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Educational background; Details on his career in politics; Achievements of Bush during his term as governor.
- A Third Bush in the White House? Morella, Michael // U.S. News Digital Weekly;1/2/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
A quiz about former Florida governor John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is presented.