DOJ: Wright Memo Did Not Accurately Reflect Agency's Stance
- Should the Senate Adopt the Judiciary Committee Substitute to S. 2248, the FISA Amendments Act? Con. // Congressional Digest;Mar2008, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p93
Excerpts are presented of remarks made by U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison during floor debate on intelligence service legislation.
- KAY BAILEY FOREHEAD. Weisberg, Jacob // New Republic;10/18/93, Vol. 209 Issue 16, p12
Profiles Kay Bailey Hutchison, the newest member of the U.S. Senate who was indicated by a Texas grand jury on September 27, 1993 on five counts of records tampering and misuse of public office. Felony and misdemeanor charges from her tenure as state treasurer; Author's claim that the...
- Hutchison: Avoid Big Battles. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the recommendation of Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson to the cable industry to avoid high-profile disputes, unless it wanted the Congress to get involved in transmission-consent negotiation in the U.S. It states that the advice echoed a message from Capitol Hill staffers to...
- Senator Hutchison Meets With Texas Farm Bureau Discusses 2007 Farm Bill and the Importance of Texas Agriculture. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/4/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p10
The article reports that U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, chairman of the Republican Policy Committee, met with members of the Texas Farm Bureau and discussed the 2007 U.S. farm bill and other issues affecting Texas agriculture.
- Sen. Hutchison files two tax relief bills. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/14/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p6A
The article reports on the two bills introduced by U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison to give tax relief for Texan families
- Sen. Hutchison Applauds Court Ruling Striking Down D.C. Gun Ban. Embler, Geoff // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/14/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the plan of Texas Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson to reintroduce his legislation to repeal the existing gun ban in Washington D.C.
- Senate defines spending targets for budget surpluses. // Human Events;05/01/98, Vol. 54 Issue 17, p22
Details the Senate amendment to the United States Budget Resolution sponsored by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison. Use of the budget surplus for debt reduction, tax relief, or Social Security; Hutchison's priority for cutting taxes and paying the debt; Senators who voted for and against the amendment.
- Hutchison's hunt for a red November. // Hill;10/17/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 120, p34
The author reflects on the decision of Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison to not to seek reelection in 2012 and to possibly leave office early for 2010 gubernatorial election in Texas. He speculate that Hutchison's decision may not be because of her love for her native state, but rather...
- Senate OEs 1-Year Toll Moratorium On Federally Funded Texas Highways. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p36
The article reports that the U.S. Senate has cleared the amendment to the 2008 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill in Texas. The one-year toll moratorium on federally funded highways won passage in Senate under the sponsorship of Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison. His...