Beige Book Shows Some Signs of Cooling
- June Chicago Fed Index Rises to Positive 0.34. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p2
The article reports on the growth of the Chicago Fed National Activity Index for June 2006. The index was positive .034 up from an upwardly revised negative 0.14 reading in May. The three-month moving average (CFNAI-MA3) remained at 0.11 in June. The article suggests that the national economic...
- The Puzzled Economy. // Time;8/17/1962, Vol. 80 Issue 07, p87
The article focuses on economic conditions in the U.S. Based on the observations of economists Willard Arant and Professor J. Keith Butters, the economy of the country continues to develop but not vigorously because it is still recovering from the stage of depression. It also outlines the...
- Coming back. Sirak, Ron // Golf World;2/6/2004, Vol. 57 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the overall financial climate in the U.S. as of February 6, 2004. Comments from Rob Williams of Roux's Gourmet Catering on the indications of the economic growth; Consideration of tax as an indicator of spending during the Masters week; Effect of the growth of economy on the...
- Digest of the Business OUTLOOK. // Banking;Sep66, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p27
Presents business outlook in the U.S. as of September 1966. Increase in the demand for goods and services; Decline in consumer purchases; Volume of instalment credit extensions. INSET: Some Bank Appraisals.
- Recession -- Is It or Isn't It? // Indiana Business Magazine;May2008, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p4
The article offers information on the state of the U.S. economy for 2008. An overview of the performance of the country's economic growth vis-a-vis the formal definition of recession and that of the gurus at the National Bureau of Economic Research is presented. It is stated that the Federal...
- Good times keep rolling, but... Weidenbaum, Murray // Christian Science Monitor;2/18/99, Vol. 91 Issue 57, p11
Discusses the outlook for growth in the 1999 United States economy. Expectations for inflation; Three percent expansion predicted; Little likelihood of recession in 2000; Price stability and production expansion; Strength of the private enterprise system; Possible impact of the Asian financial...
- Chicago PMI Slides To 54.9 in February. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p2
The article reports on the decline of the Chicago Purchasing Managers' Business Barometer in February 2006. According to the National Association of Purchasing Management-Chicago, it is the 33rd month out of 34 when the index showed economic expansion as defined by a reading above 50.0.
- The Perpetual Money Machine. Glassman, James K. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2000, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p210
Discusses the economic growth of the United States. Fulfillment of John Maynard Keynes' prediction of economic prosperity; Economy's increase of its productivity due to the declining prices of computers; Internet's removal of the barrier between ideas and reality; Stock market as one area where...
- Solid global growth is good news for all. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/10/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p11
Discusses global economic performance in 2004. Countries that led the global economic growth; Forecast of the International Monetary Fund on global economic growth rate; Status of the U.S. economy.