LMDC to End its Run; Projects Will Go to Others
- Garment Groups Petition for Funding. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/16/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 57, p28
Discusses a grant proposal submitted to the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. to help keep apparel manufacturing in downtown New York. Request of state funds to finance the venture of apparel manufacturers; Petition to lower real estate pressures.
- N.Y. Development Agency Sees Plan For Distributing Federal 9-11 Funds by March. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32016, p7
Reports that New York's Lower Manhattan Development Corp. will complete a plan for distributing federal funds for post September 11 terrorist attack, 2001 rebuilding efforts by March 2005. Development corporation's timetable for allocating federal funds; Demolition of the Deutsche Bank building...
- Grant delays threatening firms' survival. Croghan, Lore // Crain's New York Business;7/28/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p1
Badly needed federal grants to ease small businesses' losses from September 11 have been delayed again, putting many firms' very existence in jeopardy. Downtown companies waiting for $54.5 million in World Trade Center Business Recovery Grants will not be getting the money in July, as they'd...
- AT DEADLINE. // Crain's New York Business;6/16/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p1
Presents business-related news briefs of New York City region, as of June 26, 2003. Plans of local government and Conesco Inc. for sale of General Motors building situated in the region; Reasons for which the company Lower Manhattan Development Corp. launched a public relations campaign; Amount...
- Should replacement WTC buildings be world's tallest? // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/17/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p3B
Reports on the designs being considered by the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. and Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to replace New York City's World Trade Center towers. Features of the proposed designs; Factors being considered by authorities and architects in choosing the proper...
- Ground Zero "Grand Central" wins federal funding. // Railway Age;Sep2002, Vol. 203 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the federal fund for the development of a transit hub and improvements in the area devastated by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. as of September 2002. Description of the design of the proposed path; Information on the anticipated cost of the construction of the...
- A Win for Westfield? Sokol, David // Shopping Center World;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p13
Reports that the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. has announced the seven proposals for redesigning the World Trade Center (WTC) site in Manhattan, New York. Conflict of a proposal to replace the retail space lost with plans to reattach the WTC site to the lower Manhattan street grid;...
- LOWER MANHATTAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION. Sullivan, Jenny // Brochures: Making a Strong Impression;2007, p072
The article describes a brochure for the Lower Manhattan Development Corp.
- 9/11 Memorial Projects Unveiled. // Art in America;Dec2003, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p128
Reports on the unveiling by the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. of projects by eight finalists for a World Trade Center memorial on November 17, 2003.