No Deal Yet On W. Side Rail Yards
- NIMBYs are none. Now it's the BANANA era. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/24/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p11A
Comments on the community information meetings organized by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority about the proposed third track on the Long Island Rail Road in Long Island, New York. Disapproval of local officials and community groups on the plan; Advantage of the rail project on the local...
- Investment plans released. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2009, Vol. 165 Issue 9, p15
The article reports on the release by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of its preliminary 2010-14 capital programme for public consultation, together with a 2010-29 Twenty Year Needs assessment. Much of the investment will focus on improving infrastructure and rolling...
- Audit derails MIA's on-board services unit. Gallagher, Patrick // Westchester County Business Journal;6/25/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 26, p19
The article informs the New York's Metro-North Rail board's On-board Services is disbanded after an audit conducted by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority which reported repeated lapse in monitoring conditions and the employees were often engaged in other sort of activities while at work.
- Franklin Ave. shuttle is `ghost' of a subway. // New York Amsterdam News;11/12/94, Vol. 85 Issue 46, p9
Reports on a protest campaign conducted by shuttle riders in Franklin Avenue, New York City calling for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to rehabilitate the shuttle. MTA's reduction of funding for the shuttle's rehabilitation; Risk of closure; Danger posed to riders; Institutions...
- G-train riders want some respect. Engquist, Erik; Potkewitz, Hilary // Crain's New York Business;9/3/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p11
The article focuses on cutting short of Queens, New York City G train service. A group of people have formed "The Save the G Coalition" and surveying riders before launching a big push for improvements. The New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority is taking a wait-and-see approach. It is...
- NYC Transit appoints train control consultant. // Railway Age;May96, Vol. 197 Issue 5, p28
Reports that MTA New York City Transit, has selected Advanced Technology Signals Group (ATSG) a train control consultant. Reason ATSG was hired; Information on the Canarsie Line; ATSG's role; Joint venture between ATSG and NYC Transit; Benefits of communication-based train control.
- New York MTA's new core capital program: $17.2 billion. // Railway Age;Sep2004, Vol. 205 Issue 9, p28
Provides information on a core capital program for 2005 to 2009 proposed by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority to improve the agency's rail, bus, bridge and tunnel systems in New York City. Details of the core plan; Companies that will benefit from the program.
- Work Begins on $388M Long Island RR Project. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;8/27/2015, p1
Workers began installing the first sections of rail on the Long Island Rail Road's $388 million Double Track Project, funded in the MTA capital plans.
- MTA derailed again. Kahn, Kathy // Westchester County Business Journal;12/21/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 51, p15
The article reports on the shortfall of budget of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. It states that the MTA disclosed an additional shortfall on its books on December 15, 2009 at either 363 to 383 million dollars and its mobility tax imposed was not able to bridge the...