Sites in Texas, Illinois Make Shortlist for $1B FutureGen Plant
- Formidable barriers face users of new coal systems. Makansi, Jason // Power;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p40
Reports on the challenges facing coal-fired power plant development programs in 2000. Projected increase of Powder River Basin coal use by 2003; Political issues surrounding coal interests; Technical and regulatory issues in flyash handling from coal-fired plants; Developments in coal-fueled...
- Homeland Security from Homeland Coal: U.S. Brownfield Coal-Fired Development. // Power Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p28
Deals with the variety of coal technologies used by coal-fired power plants in the U.S. Seward Power Plant in East Wheatfield Township, Pennsylvania; Gilbert power plant in Maysville, Kentucky; Oak Creek power plant in Wisconsin. INSET: New Coal Generation will Clean Pennsylvania's Rivers.
- Diesel engine combined-cycle unit burns oil and coal. Stein, Hank // Electric Light & Power;Nov94, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p41
Focuses on the advantages of a small-scale diesel coal combined-cycle cogeneration power plant at the Greenbiar resort in White Sulfur Springs, West Virginia. Micronized coal's burning of the boiler attached to the diesel engine; Use of the hot exhaust from the diesel engine as preheated...
- Rural County Strikes Mother Lode with Lignite-Powered Development. Armistead, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/09/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 14, p53
Focuses on the Red Hills Power Project, a lignite-powered electric generating plant in Choctaw County, Mississippi. Key features and specifications; Schedule for the completion of the facility; Companies that hold the contract for the engineering, construction and start-up of the facility. ...
- East meets West at China's Meizhou Wan. // Power;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the development of coal-fired Meizhou Wan powerplant in China. Value of the plant; Features of the plant.
- SPRINGFIELD TO DECIDE WHETHER TO BUILD NEW COAL-BURNING
POWER PLANT. // Coal Age;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p18
Reports on decision to be made by city officials in Springfield, Illinois whether to move forward with plans to construct the first coal-burning generating station in the area. Plan of Springfield City Water, Light and Power to take one or more partners in the plant; Feedback from local...
- NEW MARKETING PUSH FOR ILL. COAL INDUSTRY. // Coal Age;May2002, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on a marketing campaign launched on electric plant development incentives in Illinois. Tax incentives given to coal producers; Discussion on coal-fired electric generation; Environmental concerns on energy production.
- IND. GOVERNOR SIGNS COAL BILL INTO LAW. // Coal Age;May2002, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p14
Reports the approval of the clean-coal legislation by Governor Frank O'Bannon of Indiana. Tax incentives offered to electric utility operators; Review conducted on applications to run coal-fired power plants.
- Talks Resume at Healy Clean Coal Plant. Jones, Patricia // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p89
Discusses the negotiations on the resumption of operations at the Healy Clean Coal Plant in Alaska in August 2003. Formation of a joint committee to address issues involved with restarting and operating the plant; History of the plant; Costs of operating the plant.