Hawaii Rules in Favor of Arbitration in Tobacco Dispute
- COMMERCIAL--TIMELINESS--MOTION TO VACATE--ARBITRATOR BIAS. // Arbitration Journal;Sep86, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p69
This article discusses on the proceedings in another court do not toll the three month time limit for motions to vacate arbitration awards under the U.S. Arbitration Act. Country singer Willie Nelson contracted with Taylor, a promoter, to perform at a music festival, but failed to appear. Taylor...
- More on the Federal Arbitration Act. Abdulaziz, Sam K. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Apr2005, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p8
Discusses a contract dispute between Premier Diabetic Services Inc. and Lifescan Inc. referencing provisions of the Federal Arbitration Act in the U.S. Facts of the case; Provisions of a law on federal court discretion; Verdict of the District Court.
- COMMERCIAL -- EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT -- CLASSWIDE ARBITRATION -- ARBITRAL FORUM -- AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION -- CALIFORNIA. // Arbitration Journal;Mar1988, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p71
The article evaluates a court decision that deal with the issues of classwide arbitration and modification of an arbitration award. In the court case entitled "Silk v. Dean Witter Reynolds Inc.," a district court refused to entertain a pre-referral class certification proceeding because the...
- The Treatment of Arbitration Under EU Law. Zekos, Georgios I. // Dispute Resolution Journal;May99, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p8
Examines the extent to which arbitration is regarded and treated by European Union Law and the European Court of Justice (ECJ) as an independent alternative method to traditional litigation for resolving disputes. Fundamental features of arbitration; Arbitration and preliminary ruling of the...
- Developing Construction Claims for Arbitration: Two Arbitrators' Viewpoint. Gransberg, Douglas D.; Joplin, Charles A. // Cost Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p29
Provides information on the use of alternative dispute resolution in settling construction claims by arbitration. Arbitrators' viewpoints of construction claims development; Fundamental considerations in claims development; Guidelines for quantifying damage claims.
- Building and engineering disputes: Arbitration--part 3. Staniforth, Alison; Taylor, Kathryn // Credit Control;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
Part III. Focuses on the risks associated with the Arbitration Act 1996 as a resolution method for building and engineering disputes in Great Britain. Aim of the law to return the arbitration process to the control of the parties in a dispute; Minimizing of the role of the courts; Advance...
- When is arbitration the right choice for your business. Knowlton, Robert Y. // South Carolina Business Journal;Oct97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p12
Presents a discussion on arbitration for businesses. Arbitration as the most common form of alternative dispute resolution; Laws concerning arbitration in the United States; Advantages and disadvantages of opting for arbitration.
- ARBITRATION IN A NEW INTERNATIONAL ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SYSTEM. Orrego, Francisco // Dispute Resolution Journal;May-Jun2002, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p64
Discusses the role of arbitration in an emerging international dispute settlement system. Investigation of whether arbitration can truly be considered a part of the alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanism; Goals of ADR; Establishment of fast-track forms of arbitration.
- COMMUNITY DISPUTES AND THE RESOLUTION OF CONFLICT: ANOTHER VIEW. Nicolau, George; Cormick, Gerald W. // Arbitration Journal;Jun72, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p98
Looks at the issue of community disputes and the resolution of conflict in the United States. Argument that most community disputes do not involve legal rights; Resource allocation and the re-distribution of decision-making authority.