PEDILANTHUS DIAZLUNANUS (EUPHORBIACEAE), ESPECIE NUEVA DEL SUR DE JALISCO, MEXICO
- The Anatomy and Occurrence of Foliar Nectaries in Cyathea (Cyatheaceae). WHITE, RICHARD A.; TURNER, MELVIN D. // American Fern Journal;Apr-Jun2012, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p91
This study reports the widespread occurrence of foliar nectaries in most New World species of the genus Cyathea. The anatomy of these glands and the variation in structure among the species is described. Some Cyathea species primitively lack glands, and the presence or absence of these glands...
- Ultrastructure of Aeluropus littoralis leaf salt glands under NaCl stress. Zouhaier Barhoumi; Wahbi Djebali; Chedly Abdelly; Wided Chaïbi; Abderrazak Smaoui // Protoplasma;Nov2008, Vol. 233 Issue 3/4, p195
AbstractÂ Â The effects of salt uptake on the morphology and ultrastructure of leaf salt glands were investigated in Aeluropus littoralis plants grown for two months in the presence of 400Â mM NaCl. The salt gland is composed of two linked cells, as observed in some other studied Poaceae...
- Nepenthes ramos (Nepenthaceae), a new species from Mindanao, Philippines. CHEEK, MARTIN; JEBB, MATTHEW // Willdenowia;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p107
Nepenthes ramos Jebb & Cheek, sp. nov. is described and illustrated from Surigao Province, Mindanao, Philippines, and placed in the N. alata Blanco group. An updated key to the species of the group is provided. The new species is characterized by the subcylindric upper pitchers which are more or...
- HISTO-ANATOMICAL ASPECTS OF VEGETATIVE ORGANS OF THYMUS DACICUS BORB. AND THYMUS GLABBRESCENS WILLD. Berciu, Irina; Toma, Constantin // Studia Universitatis Vasile Goldis Seria Stiintele Vietii (Life ;2008, Vol. 18, p21
The authors analyze the structure of vegetative organs of two Thymus species from Romania flora, evidencing the constant and particular histo-anatomical features of this species. Peculiar attention has been given to the structure, distribution and morphology of the glandular hairs, which are...
- HISTO-ANATOMICAL COMPARATIVE STUDIES OF FLOWER COVERS BY MELAMPYRUM CRISTATUM L. AND MELAMPYRUM BIHARIENSE KERN. SPECIES. Munteanu, Melania-Florina; Oroian, Silvia; Toma, Claudia-Crina // Studia Universitatis Vasile Goldis Seria Stiintele Vietii (Life ;2008, Vol. 18, p37
For a further analysis of the active principles, you have to know the histoanatomic organ structure of the Melampyrum species. The Melampyrum cristatum L. and Melampyrum bihariense Kern species are plants belonging to the Romanian spontaneous flora. After comparative analyses made on the sepals...
- Flora of Baskonus Mountain (Kahramanmaras). Varol, Omer // Turkish Journal of Botany;2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p117
Studies the plant species richness in Kahramanmaras Province, Turkey. Number of specific and infraspecific taxa; Number of endemic plants; Distribution rates of the species.
- UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DE BEAUCARNEA (NOLINACEAE). Sandoval, Luis Hernandez // Acta Botanica Mexicana;jun1992, Issue 18, p25
Beaucarnea hiriartiae sp. n. is described from the state of Guerrero, Mexico. This new species is similar to B. stricta Lemaire from the neighbor states of Puebla and Veracruz.
- Botanical Report for 2010. // Naturalist (00280771);May-Aug2011, Vol. 136 Issue 1077, p154
The article offers information on 2010 botanical report of Yorkshire, England along with the lists of the trees found in the region.
- Mabonia rediscovered. // Plantsman: New Series;Mar2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that the Mabonia species has been rediscovered in the northeast Yunnan, China, close to the Yangtze River.