ORIGEN Y RUTAS DE DISPERSION DE LOS MANGLES: UNA REVISION CON ENFASIS EN LAS ESPECIES DE AMERICA
- Planktonic Foraminiferal Biostratigraphy of the Late Eocene and Oligocene in the Palmyride Area, Syria. Hernitz Kucenjak, Morana; Premec Fucek, Vlasta; Slavkovic, Renata; Mesic, Ivan A. // Geologia Croatica;Jun2006, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p19
Three deep exploration wells in the Palmyride area (Syria) have been drilled through Oligocene and Eocene deposits. A detailed micropalaeontological investigation has been performed on the planktonic foraminiferal assemblage from drill cuttings. Standard planktonic foraminiferal zones from P15...
- Iberomeryx minor (Mammalia, Artiodactyla) from the Early Oligocene of Soulce (Canton Jura, NW Switzerland): systematics and palaeodiet. Mennecart, Bastien; Becker, Damien; Berger, Jean-Pierre // Swiss Journal of Geosciences;Dec2011 Supplement, Vol. 104, p115
The primitive ruminant genus Iberomeryx is poorly documented, as it is essentially only known from rare occurrences of dental remains. Therefore, the phylogeny and palaeobiology of Iberomeryx remain rather enigmatic. Only two species have been described: the type species I. parvus from the...
- Possible crystalline gastroliths of large marine Vertebrata from Oligocene pyelitic sediments of... Donovan, Stephen K.; Pickerill, Ron K. // Geology;Jun99, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p575
Comments on the possible crystalline gastroliths of marine vertebrata from Oligocene pyelitic sediments of northern Apennines, Italy. Transport of erratic blocks into a pelagic environment; Location of siliclastic entry points.
- saÂ·ber-toothed tiger. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p300
A definition of the term "saber-toothed tiger" is presented. It refers to any of various large extinct cats of the Oligocene to Pleistocene Epochs which have very long upper canine teeth.
- Two-stepping into the icehouse: East Antarctic weathering during progressive ice-sheet expansion at the Eocene--Oligocene transition. Scher, Howie D.; Bohaty, Steven M.; Zachos, James C.; Delaney, Margaret L. // Geology;Apr2011, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p383
No abstract available.
- A new species of the rodent prosciurus (aplodontidae, prosciurinae) from the orellan (oligocene)... Korth, William W. // Journal of Mammalogy;May94, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p478
Describes a new species of the extinct aplodontid genus Prosciurus from the Orellan (Oligocene) of North Dakota and Nebraska. Type specimen; Diagnosis; Etymology.
- Sequence stratigraphy and sea-level history of Oligocene strata of the northern Aral Sea region... Pinous, Oleg V.; Akhmetiev, Mikhail A. // Geological Society of America Bulletin;Jan99, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p1
Examines the Oligocene age stratigraphic structure of the northern Aral Sea area in Kazakhstan. Identification of the region as within the northeastern part of the Paratethys sea; Occurrence of clastic and carbonate deposition in a range of environments from fluvial and lacustrine in coastal...
- Calibration between eustatic estimates from backstripping and oxygen isotopic records for the Oligocene. Pekar, Stephen F.; Christie-Blick, Nicholas; Kominz, Michelle A.; Miller, Kenneth G. // Geology;Oct2002, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p903
Evaluates the calibration between eustatic estimates from backstripping and oxygen isotopic records for the Oligocene. Calibration of the sea level to oxygen isotopes; Removal of the ice-volume effects from the benthic foraminiferal isotopic records; Use of Sr isotope chemostratigraphy.
- A JUVENILE TRACHINUS MINUTUS (PISCES, PERCIFORMES,TRACHINIDAE) FROM THE MIDDLE OLIGOCENE OF LITENÄŒICE (MORAVIA, CZECH REPUBLIC). Přikryl, Tomáš // Acta Musei Nationalis Pragae, Series B - Historia Naturalis;Jun2009, Vol. 65 Issue 1/2, p3
The paper presents information about the first find of Trachinus minutus (Jonet, 1958) in the Å itboÅ™ice Beds (Middle Oligocene) in the Czech Republic. The exemplar is relatively well ossified, however the total length is only 16.5mm. A comparison of preserved morphologic and meristic...