CARACTERISTICAS ANATOMICAS DE LA MADERA DE CINCO ESPECIES DEL ESTADO DE JALISCO, MEXICO
- Gas exchange of juvenile and mature trees of Alnus jorullensis (Betulaceae) at sites with contrasting humidity in the Venezuelan Andes. Piper, Frida I.; Cavieres, Lohengrin A. // Ecological Research;Jan2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p51
The reduction of photosynthetic rates with tree age has been proposed as a major driver of the productivity declination along ontogeny. It is not clear, however, how environmental humidity affects stomatal conductance and biochemical potential of photosynthesis in trees belonging to different...
- Basswood: A carver's dream species. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;Nov96, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p48
Presents information on Basswood, a popular wood which is used in manufacturing. Views from Jim Ducas, president of Certainly Wood concerning the characteristics of the wood; Other names which it is commonly known as; Description of its properites.
- Linden Woods. Melton, Emily // Booklist;6/1/2007, Vol. 103 Issue 19/20, p38
Reviews the book "Linden Woods" by Michael Taylor
- The Cabinet Scraper. Perry, Bill // Canadian Woodworking & Home Improvement;Jun/Jul2010, Issue 66, p26
The article focuses on scrapers, the lowest-technology tools in woodshop that leave a lustrous, tear-free finish on figured hardwood. A card scraper is a small piece of hardened steel, either with a very sharp edge or a small hook on the edge. A sharp scraper produces fine shavings while the...
- Keeping the gloss consistent. Jackson, David // Finishing;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p28
The article presents tips for furniture finishers on keeping the gloss consistent. Several factors affect the gloss of a finished piece of furniture, including the gloss level of the finish as produced and the porosity and species of the wood used. Draw-down bars are used to apply a specific wet...
- STUDIES ON WOOD CONSOLIDATION AND COMPLETING GAPS IN PANEL PAINTINGS. HUTANU, Ioana; SANDU, Ion; VASILACHE, Viorica; NICA, Liliana // Pro Ligno;Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p299
This paper presents a method for consolidating and completing the missing surfaces of linden wood panels of old paintings. The artworks suffer from various cracks, separation and large losses of wood. To this purpose, the interventions must be compatible with the structural components of the...
- Curing the farming blues. Kappel-Smith, Diana // Country Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p59
Part III. Focuses on the linden tree. Author's own experience with a linden tree in Vermont; Tips on identification; Medical uses; Wildlife benefits; Species in North America; Folklore about the tree in Europe.
- The effect of some monohydroxybenzoic and dihydroxybenzoic acids as auxin synergists on rooting softwood cuttings of basswood (Tila americana L.) under mist Morsink, W. A. G.; Smith, V. G. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;Sep1975, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p500
No abstract available.
- Basswood. Mohawk, John; Waterman, Carson // Conservationist;Feb95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the basswood tree or Tilia americana. Description; Uses; Food properties.