SOLANUM GUAMUCHILENSE SP. NOV. (SOLANACEAE, SOLANEAE) DEL ESTADO DE NAYARIT, MEXICO
- Nutritional differences and leaf acclimation of climbing plants and the associated vegetation in different types of an Andean montane rainforest. Salzer, J.; Matezki, S.; Kazda, M. // Oecologia;Mar2006, Vol. 147 Issue 3, p417
Climbing plants are known to play an important role in tropical forest systems, but key features for their distribution are only partly understood. Investigation was carried out to find if climbers differ from self-supporting vegetation in their adjustment of leaf parameters over a wide variety...
- Mild woodbine (Gebemium), a beautiful climbing plant. // Homeopathy Today;Summer2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p39
The article offers information on Gelsemium sempervirens which is a climbing plant found in moist woodlands and along seacoasts in the southern states of the U.S. and is also known as yellow jasmine or wild woodbine.
- junÂ·gle. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p190
A definition of the term "jungle" is presented. It refers to an area of tropical, forested land having high humidity and a dense growth of trees, bushes, and vines.
- Trepadeiras: florÃstica da EstaÃ§Ã£o EcolÃ³gica do CaiuÃ¡ e chave de identificaÃ§Ã£o vegetativa para espÃ©cies do Norte do Estado do ParanÃ¡. Carneiro, Juliana de Souza; Vieira, Ana Odete Santos // Acta Scientiarum: Biological Sciences;2012, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p217
Climbers are highly represented in tropical forests and are of great ecological importance, having been identified as one of the key factors that differentiate tropical forests from temperate rainforests. This paper presents the climber species of the CaiuÃ¡ Ecological Station (EECAIUÃ) in...
- Life strategy traits of the liana Sericostachys scandens spreading in the montane forests in the Kahuzi-Biega national park (DR Congo). Céphas, Masumbuko; Basile, Herpigny; Nicolas, Barbier; François, Habiyaremye; Jean, Lejoly; Pierre, Meerts // Journal of Mountain Science;Oct2012, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p665
Sericostachys scandens is a monocarpic and heliophilous liana, native in tropical African forests. In the montane forests of the Kahuzi-Biega National Park (KBNP) (East of DR Congo), it has been expanding very strongly for a decade, and is currently considered as having negative impacts on...
- MAIANTHEMUM MEXICANUM (LILIACEAE) UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE DURANGO, MEXICO. Garcia-Arevalo, Abel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;mar1992, Issue 17, p19
Maianthemum mexicanum sp. nov., is described from the temperate forest of southern Durango state. The new species is related to M. racemosurn (L.) Link, but differs in characteristics of the inflorescence.
- Geophila erythrocarpa (Rubiaceae), a new species from d.r.congo and Zambia. // Blumea;2011, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p149
The article describes the plant species Geophila erythrocarpa from D.R. Congo and Zambia. This species is limited to dry, dense forests. It is similar to G. obvallata from which it differs in having red instead of blue or black fruits. G. erythrocarpa also shares the red-colored fruits with G....
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DEL GÃ‰NERO SALVIA SECCIÃ“N MEMBRANACEAE DE GUERRERO, MÃ‰XICO. FRAGOSO-MARTÍNEZ, ITZI; MARTÍNEZ-GORDILLO, MARTHA // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr2013, Issue 103, p1
A new species of Salvia section Membranaceae is described and illustrated: Salvia confertispicata belongs to subsection Lophanthoideae and shares morphological similarities with Salvia mocinoi; nevertheless, the former differs in having compact inflorescences, rhombic ascendant bracts with...
- Lamppost vines. Kellum, Jo // Southern Living;Apr97, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p102
Presents photographs of lampposts decorated with flowers or foliage. Use of fast-growing vines that require only minimum grooming to keep them neat; List of vines suited for lampposts.