LIPARIS VOLCANICA (ORCHIDACEAE), UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DEL OCCIDENTE DE MEXICO
- The validity of the Genus Schomburgkia. Williams, Louis O. // Darwiniana;1941, Vol. 5, p74
Compares the plant genus Schomburgkia and Laelia. Difference between the two species in terms of the adnation of the lip; Condition of the lateral loves of the lip in the Laelieae; Species, formerly referred to Schomburgkia, that may be transferred to Laelia.
- The Bromeliad Flora of the San MartÃn Tuxtla Volcano, Veracruz, Mexico. Krömer, Thorsten; Acebey, Amparo // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p62
The article provides information on the results of a study on the bromeliad flora of the San MartÃn Tuxtla Volcano in Veracruz, Mexico. There are several species of bromeliad which were found in the area, including Tillandsia, Aechmea and Werauhia. These species of bromeliads and orchids will...
- Four new species of Cleistes (Orchidaceae, Vanilloideae) from Colombia. Szlachetko, Dariusz L.; Baranow, Przemysław // Annales Botanici Fennici;Oct2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p377
Four new Colombian species of Cleistes (Orchidaceae, Vanilloideae) are described and illustrated: C. uribei Szlach. & Baranow, C. risaraldensis Szlach. & Baranow, C. munchiquensis Szlach. & Baranow and C. idroboi Szlach. & Baranow. Notes concerning their morphological distinctions, habitat, and...
- Root Character Evolution and Systematics in Cranichidinae, Prescottiinae and Spiranthinae (Orchidaceae, Cranichideae). Coyolxauhqui Figueroa; Gerardo A. Salazar; H. Araceli Zavaleta; E. Mark Engleman // Annals of Botany;Mar2008, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p509
: Background and Aims Previous studies have suggested that velamen characteristics are useful as taxonomic markers in Orchidaceae. Members of tribe Cranichideae have been assigned to two velamen types constructed based on combinations of characters such as the presence of secondary cell-wall...
- Orchid strategies for success. // Garden;Apr2011, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p220
The article discusses the findings of a study conducted by a team of scientists led by Imperial College London about the strategies of different orchid species which help make their family among the most successful of plant families.
- DOS ESPECIES NUEVAS DE ORQUÃDEAS DEL ESTADO DE MORELOS, MÃ‰XICO. Espejo Serna, Adolfo; López-Ferrari, Ana Rosa; Jiménez Machorro, Rolando; Sánchez Saldaña, Luis; García Cruz, Javier // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2002, Issue 61, p27
Two new species from the state of Morelos, Mexico, are described and illustrated, Malaxis ribana Espejo & LÃ³pez-Ferrari and Habenaria uncata R. JimÃ©nez, L. SÃ¡nchez & GarcÃa-Cruz. Both species were collected in the surroundings of the city of Cuernavaca.
- NOTAS SOBRE EL GÃ‰NERO HABENARIA (ORCHIDACEAE) EN MÃ‰XICO. García-Cruz, Javier; Jiménez Machorro, Rolando; Sánchez Saldaña, Luis; Espejo Serna, Adolfo; López-Ferrari, Ana Rosa // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2000, Issue 50, p27
Orchis entomantha Lex. (= Habenaria entomantha (Lex.) Lindl.) is neotypified, H. acutiflora A. Rich. & Galeotti is lectotypified and considered as synonym of H. entomantha. Habenaria rosulifolia Espejo & LÃ³pez-Ferrari and H. gonzaleztamayoi GarcÃa-Cruz, R. JimÃ©nez & L. SÃ¡nchez, both...
- THE POPULATION BIOLOGY OF LIPARIS LOESELII, LOESELII, LOESEL'S TWAYBLADE, IN A MASSACHUSETTS WETLAND. McMaster, Robert T. // Northeastern Naturalist;2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p163
Presents a study that examined a wild population of Loesel's twayblade, Liparis loeselii, in Franklin County, Massachusetts. Features of the orchid, Liparis loeselii; Ability to adapt to changing conditions; Factors that explain the apparent differences in resource allocation between...
- NOVEDADES NOMENCLATURALES EN EL GÃ‰NERO GAVILEA (ORCHIDACEAE, CHLORAEINAE), CON ESPECIAL Ã‰NFASIS EN LAS ESPECIES CHILENAS. Chemisquy, M. Amelia // Darwiniana;dic2009, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p315
Based on the ongoing revision of the genus Gavilea (Orchidaceae), the following synonyms are proposed: Gavilea auriculata (under G. glandulifera), Asarca verrucosa (under G. longibracteata), A. chrysostachya (under G. odoratissima), A. glandulifera var. illapelina (under G. platyantha) and A....