- Inside City Hall. Norville, Bunny // Munday Courier (TX);4/22/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p5
The article focuses on the revenue earned by Texas lottery and its financial contribution to support the Foundation School Fund (FSF), which helps pay for public education in Texas.
- Lottery Commission on Track to Meet Budget Estimates. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);3/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p11
The article reports that the lottery revenues of West Virginia Lottery Commission are on track to meet all of its obligations such as the budget estimates.
- Bletchley Park wins Â£4.6 million lottery grant for restoration of codebreaking units. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;10/7/2011, p20
The article reports on the acquisition of a 4.6 million-pound lottery grant from the Heritage Lottery by Bletchley Park on October 5, 2011, a move that will enable the restoration of iconic Codebreaking Huts 1, 3 and 6 and create a world-class visitor centre and exhibition in the derelict Block C.
- Betting on West Virginia. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p1
Reports the development of strategy for leveraging the proceeds of lottery-backed revenue bonds by the West Virginia Economic Development Grant Committee. Purpose for the bond strategy; Approval on the formation of the Committee by Governor Bob Wise; Payment of the bond debt by the Legislature...
- Group's Suit Could Affect West Virginia Agency's Bond Plans. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p32
Reports the lawsuit filed by citizen activist against West Virginia economic development panel to award grants from proceeds in Washington. Approximation of 200 million dollars on lottery-backed revenue bonds; Depiction on Southeast invisible supply; Approval on the funding of economic...
- GAMBLING With Education. Mowry, Matthew J. // Business NH Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the controversy on the importance of lottery proceeds to fund education in New Hampshire. Evaluation of the advantages and disadvantages of the promotion of lottery; Reaction of several governors regarding the impact of gambling on the life of the people; Estimates of contribution of...
- Bad bet. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p10
Comments on the inability of Lottery to finance education in Ohio. Amounts contributed by Lottery in state funds for education; Decline of Lottery revenues; Need for legislators to seek alternative sources for education finances.
- Odds are against Arizona gamblers. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p5
Concerns on the prospects of lottery trade as a major revenue contributor for economy in Arizona. Reason why lottery is not considered a contributor to the economy; Net income from lottery trade in 2001; Reason why gambling is considered a vice.
- More Students To Be Awarded Ark. Scholarships. BARTELS, CHUCK // Community College Week;9/6/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the availability of additional funds from lottery proceeds which will be used to pay for scholarships in university and community colleges in Arkansas in 2011.