Texas Officials to Make Rating Presentation for Annual Tran Sale
- Word Games. Diener, Marc // Entrepreneur;Jul2001, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p92
Discusses the suggestions on making deals.
- Follow ups. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/9/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p5A
The article offers news briefs related to business in Long Island, New York. SearchHelp Inc. has signed a deal to sell its Sentry products version at 1,500 stores nationwide. It enables the parents to monitor their children's online activities with unfitting content. It has been announced that...
- NORTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32201, p34
Provides information on bond deals in the United States as of August 22, 2005. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- The salesman's pre-call routine. KEHOE, KEVIN // Landscape Management;Dec2012, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p6
The article offers tips for a pre-call routine of a salesman as it observes that time is the scarcest resource of a salesman. It suggests to review the objective today and what is a salesman's agenda to achieve the objective. The article also recommends to enumerate potential objections of...
- 10 Common Negotiating Mistakes That Cost You Thousands. Lee, Micheal Soon // American Salesman;Sep2007, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p25
The article outlines the common mistakes a salesperson encountered when negotiating a deal. One common mistake is being afraid to bargain. Some people are a bit timid when it comes to haggling because they were afraid to be rejected, but in reality, there is no rejection in negotiating. Another...
- Wake up to negotiation reality: Transform your negotiations and avoid commoditization. Dietmeyer, Brian // Velocity;2007, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p23
This article cites the need for sales professionals to modify their idea about traditional negotiation and apply a different negotiation strategy. Sales professionals are encouraged to advance as professional dealmakers who can anticipate negotiation outcomes. It states that commoditization can...
- FOR A PREMIUM PRICE, Sellers Must Fight a Psychological Battle. Spilka, George // Coal Age;Jan2005, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p35
Offers advice for a company seller to generate the maximum attainable price in an all-cash deal. Characteristics and traits that company owner must possess to generate a premium price; Difference between the asking price and the transaction price; Factors to consider in closing the transaction.
- NEGOTIATING CULTURE: CONFLICT AND CONSENSUS IN U.S. GARAGE-SALE BARGAINING. Herrmann, Gretchen M. // Ethnology;Summer2003, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p237
Explores conflict and consensus in the practice of garage-sale bargaining in the U.S. Origin of the U.S. convention of fixed prices; Concept of a garage sale; Paradigms and pattens of garage-sale bargaining.
- Be a Better Bargain Hunter. Moreau, Kim // Good Housekeeping;Aug2010, Vol. 251 Issue 2, p33
The article provides advice on how to bargain at flea markets and yard sales. Shoppers should research prices of antique items using resources such as the online auction eBay. Do not wear expensive clothing and accessories as sellers judge shoppers by their attire. The author advises shoppers to...