Senate Bill Would Allow Private-Activity Spaceport Bonds
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32561, p28
The article reports on the status of bond buyer legislation in Washington in 2007. The Health and Higher Education Facilities Improvement Act was referred to the House Ways and Means Committee in January 23 but no scheduled hearings yet. The Eligibility of Veterans for Mortgage Bond Financing...
- FLORIDA: Seeking Spaceport Reform. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/24/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32636, p9
The article reports on the introduction of the Spaceport Equality Act of 2007 by Florida Republicans, Sen. Mel Martinez and Rep. Dave Weldon, which would treat spaceports like airports under Internal Revenue Service exempt facility bond regulations in the U.S. Martinez explained that the...
- Clock is ticking on environment, conservation bond legislation. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p7
Reports on a bill that will allow the use of tax-exempt bonds to buy and preserve timber lands in the United States. Provisions of the bill; Conservation of lands where there are renewable resources.
- Voters amend state constitution in election. // Graham Leader;11/16/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 27, p5A
The article focuses on various propositions of the state constitution of Texas which include authorizing the legislature to exempt spouses of disabled veterans from the ad valorem tax, exempt counties from taxes on inter-local contracts with other counties, and permit counties to issue bonds.
- Lobbyists Hopeful Tax Package Favorable to Munis Will Pass This Year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31008, p6
Reports on a tax legislation beneficial to the tax-exempt bond market in the United States. Provisions of the bill.
- EZ program adds 20 new communities. Resnick, Amy B.; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p1
Discusses the implications of the Clinton Administration's naming of 20 new empowerment zones in the issuance of tax-exempt bonds. Fewer restrictions regulating the zones; Estimated value of the bonds to be issued; Inclusion of the tax authorization for the bonds in the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.
- House republican seeks to make water takeovers tougher. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p4
Reports on a proposed legislation that would prevent municipalities from using tax-exempt bonds to buy private water utilities in the United States. Need for an approval from the state utility commission; Provisions of the bill.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p6
The article highlights the legislative status relating to bonds in the United States, including elimination of the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance sports stadium for professional teams, extension of pro rate disallowance of interest expense to tax-exempt interest earned by property and...
- Bill would exempt ag bonds from cap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30652, p5
Reports on the introduction of a legislation that would exempt small-issue tax-exempt bonds for agriculture projects from private-activity bond volume cap in the United States.