Scope of Some Tax Advice is Limited, ABA Tells Treasury
- Boxscore. // NewsQuarterly;Fall2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p32
A table is presented that outlines submissions and comments coordinated by the American Board Association (ABA) Tax Section on government regulations, administrative rulings, blanket authority and ABA Policy from June to October 2012.
- ABA Proposal First to Formalize Lesser Penalties for Issuers. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p5
Informs that the American Bar Association unveiled a preliminary draft of its proposal to create a system of intermediate sanctions, providing the tax-exempt bond industry with the first specific plan that spells out a way how to penalize issuers, rather than taxing bondholders. Focus on tax...
- REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON REGULATIONS PROCESS. Kahn, Edwin L. // Tax Lawyer;Summer70, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p733
Reports developments in the Committee on Regulations Process of the American Bar Association in the United States as of June 1970. Initiation of studies on regulations process; Lists of the studies; Development of proposals related to the studies.
- ABA Panel Delays Intermediate Sanctions Plan Until January. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p1
Reports on the delay in the approval of the intermediate sanctions proposal by the American Bar Association's Tax-Exempt Financing Committee until January 2000. Focus on penalties that issuers would have to pay if they have spent bond proceeds in violation of tax law; Committee members'...
- Issuers Who Confess to the IRS Would Benefit Under ABA Panel's Plan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30968, p6
Reports on the intermediate sanctions proposal finalized by the American Bar Association Tax-Exempt Financing Committee for bond issuers. Auditing of the bonds by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- ABA Tax Group: Issue Price Rules Need Clarity. Schroeder, Peter // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 42, p11
The article reports on the demand of the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Taxation to the Treasury Department to clarify regulations on direct-pay and tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. According to a letter from ABA lawyers sent to the department on November 7, 2010, clarifying the...
- ABA Panel Seeks IRS Guidance on Issue Price, BAB Questions. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33130, p4
The article reports on the request of the American Bar Association (ABA) from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The committee of ABA on tax-exempt financing has requested priority guidance on municipal bonds from IRS. The guidance should include a definition for issue price and responses...
- ABA Tax Group Seeks Guidance on Bonds for Grants. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/12/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33449, p5
The article reports on the move of the American Bar Association's (ABA) tax group to urge the U.S. Department of Treasury and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to publish a guidance on bonds for finance grants. It indicates that the guidance must provide the terms of the bonds, private-activity...
- ABA Panel Will Suggest Tax Rule Changes to Facilitate P3s. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;5/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34303, p1
The tax-exempt financing committee of the American Bar Association's taxation section is working on a paper that will identify for tax regulators modifications to tax rules that could facilitate public-private partnerships.