Maryland Adds OPEB Estimate To Latest Offering Documents
- President Bush signs PSOB increase legislation. // Fire Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the approval by U.S. President George W. Bush on the legislation that increases the Public Safety Officers Benefit. Amount of federal payment that the families of public safety officers killed or totally disabled in the line of duty will receive.
- News of City cuts mask real bonus bonanza. // Employee Benefits;Dec2002, p7
Reports on cuts in the Christmas bonuses of city workers in London, England. Estimated number of employees who may not receive bonuses as large financial institutions cut costs.
- Benefit Statements Make a Strong Statement to Employees (Book). // Benefits Quarterly;1990 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p105
Presents an abstract of the article "Benefit Statements Make a Strong Statement to Employees," by Luci Chrostowski, published in the
- Accounting for Stock Options The Controversy Continues. Apostolou, Nicholas G.; Crumbley, D. Larry // CPA Journal;May2001, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p34
Discusses the controversy regarding financial accounting and reporting standards for stock-based employee compensation plans in the United States. Definition of an employee under the International Research Council; Reprising of stock options; Issues confronting standards setting in the area of...
- TECHNOLOGY DRIVING SAS 70 REPORTS. Geller, Sheldon M.; Smilowitz, Mitchell J. // CPA Journal;Mar2002, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p61
Reports on the increased demand of auditors for SAS 70 reports of employee benefit plans in the U.S. Factors that influenced the trend; Benefit of the report to auditors and plan sponsors.
- Sizing Up an OPEB Trim. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32414, p49
The article focuses on the issues concerning some $1.4 billion in liabilities related to post-employment medical benefits of Orange County. The Orange County supervisors are considering to qualify the divested medical benefits for removal from the books of account. It was believed that the move...
- EMPLOYEE BENEFIT TRUSTS AND IFRS 10, CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. // Accountancy;Sep2011, Vol. 148 Issue 1417, p72
The article provides an answer to a question on how to consolidate employee benefit trusts (EBT) under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) 10, and the additional factors that management need to consider in their assessment of control over EBTs in Great Britain.
- Tesco introduces bonus clawback measures. Crawford, Robert // Employee Benefits;5/22/2015, p1
The article informs that new measures have been taken by Tesco to claw back annual bonuses and performance share plan awards for 2015-16. It also discusses proposed changes to pension plan of the firm, introducing a flexible benefits package for store workers to help employer reduce annual...
- Option schemes at risk. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;4/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p7
Discusses the possible effects of the proposals to force the disclosure of the employee share option costs in the profit and loss statements of companies on employee benefits in Great Britain. Impact of the proposals on executive share options and employee share schemes; Comments from Martin...