Quiet Opening to the Week as Traders Await Data, Supply
- Munis Feel a 'Bit Firmer Out There'. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/11/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 34, p12
The article offers information on the economic and financial condition of municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of September 11, 2009. It highlights the observed slight firmer performance in the municipal market as of September 10. It also regards the analysis of market traders on...
- Munis Weaker, Yields Up 1-2 Basis Points. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/3/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33015, p2
The article reports on the municipal yields in New York in 2008. According to a report, the region's municipal market has declined, while its tax-exempt yields increased by one to two basis points. The traders thinks that aside from municipal market, there is still a bit of weakness to be...
- Munis Weaker in Active New-Issue Calendar. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33406, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal bond market as of October 26, 2010 in the U.S. It states that the performance of tax-exempt yields in the market were weaker during the said date by six to eight basis points within 10 years and by three to five points on longer terms....
- Some Players Stay Put Amid Shaky Supply. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;1/30/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33654, p2
The article reports on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. for the fourth week of January 2012. It states that the supply and demand imbalance in the tax-exempt market continues to weight on investors. It relates that the demand seemed to increase and yields dropped to 14 basis...
- On the informational efficiency of S&P500 implied volatility. Becker, Ralf; Clements, Adam E.; White, Scott I. // North American Journal of Economics & Finance;Aug2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p139
Abstract: Implied volatility is often considered to represent a market''s prediction of future volatility. If such a market was to generate efficient volatility forecasts, implied volatility should reflect all relevant conditioning information. The purpose of this paper is to determine whether a...
- Put worst trading days behind you. Collins, Art // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2007, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p38
The article provides information and insights on how to trade equities efficiently in the U.S. It advises traders to maintain focus on their rigid plans, despite challenges that could possibly arose along their approaches. It likewise notes that old trading strategies may be useful in the...
- Market Returns to Perch, Braces For Y2K and Employment Report. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/03/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30780, p36
Reports the trend in the tax-exempt bond market in the United States. Details on the performance of the market; Impact of the year 2000 date conversion problem on the market; Effect of the employment report on the interest rates.
- Ending Steady: Primary Does Well, Secondary Stays Perky. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;10/17/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33798, p2
The article reports that the U.S. tax-exempt market is ended with strong notes as primary market went well with new issues and bonds while the secondary market traded steady during the second week of October 2012.
- Inventories Build, Yields Rise Under Weight of Supply. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;3/18/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33878, p3
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. tax-exempt bond market in the third week of March 2013.